Spotting @ SFO part 2 (8/18/17)

Seeing as how the first thread was well received, thought I’d do another one. SFO had a spotting contest and I submitted one my long exposures, and it won me a spot to go air-side near the UA hangar, near the intersection of the 01’s and 28’s, right beside taxiway Charlie. Beautiful weather, great sounds, and a real treat.

KE24 Heavy off to Seoul

OZ211 Heavy off to Seoul as well. Both the KE ans OZ flights leave at the same time, 1:10pm.

Cessna 560XL (owned by NetJets)

Gulfstream IV

EK225 Super from Dubai

BA285 Heavy from LHR

SK935 Heavy from Copenhagen

UA A319, flight number unknown

UA689 to Hong Kong

The queen resting on the maintenance apron

And finally LH455 Super to Frankfurt

49 Likes

All of these photos are absolutely stunning!

7 Likes

Stunning!
How long where you there?

Oh dang! You really deserved winning that photo contest, and on top of it, you did an amazing job spotting on the tarmac. Really nice job with the photos, I love the Emirates and Lufthansa whales you captured.
You don’t happen to have a Instagram or Jetphotos account where you post your photos, do you?

5 Likes

Love the viewpoint on the bottom shot, great captures 👍

2 Likes

This is amazing! Great photos, your one of the best.

1 Like

Thanks, I try posting on airliners.net form time to time, but it’s hard to get a photo submitted. I’ll see if I can get one of these on though. As of now I only have 1 photo on airliners.net.

1 Like

2 hours, 1:30 - 3:30, so was able to capture early Europe arrivals and deparures, and the mid afternoon Asia push.

1 Like

Love the Asiana 350 and the private jets. Nice photos!

1 Like

Great job! I love how close up some of the shots are. That Korean 747-8 is especially stunning😍

Those heavies look truly stunning😍😍😍

Great pictures @Javier_Blancas

1 Like

A350 is my favorite Airbus for sure, love those blended winglets and the raccoon nose.

2 Likes

Yeah, it was a real treat, only from the ground do you really appreciate the size of that thing. Rightfully deserves the Super designation.

2 Likes

Just gotta love the A388… It’s truly amazing!

1 Like

Wow, these photos are aboustley breathtaking! 😍Which spot did you take them at?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t think an A350 would be called Heavy in terms of callsign.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
And if you meant to use ‘Heavy’ in reference to other smaller aircrafts, you’re right!
Great shots btw! Especially the Asiana A359!

“What does “Heavy” really mean? The FAA requires any aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight in excess of 300,000lbs to use the term “heavy.” This includes Boeing 747, 767, 777, and 787 aircraft. Airbus A300, A310, A330, A340, and A350 aircraft must also use this term. When the gigantic A380 was introduced, the FAA created its own category for the aircraft: “super.””

Source: https://www.johnnyjet.com/what-does-heavy-mean/

1 Like

Alrighty, let’s keep learning! Thanks for correcting me!

1 Like

It was next to the UA hangar near the intersection of the 01’s, and 28’s, right beside taxiway C, the same taxiway that AC759 mistook for a runway.

2 Likes

Also, it means ‘heavy’ in a callsign way right?