Spotting Runway 01 at KDCA (Ronald Reagan National) 08/23/18

Hello Community, I just got back form spotting at KDCA from Gravelly Point. I expected to only see ERJs CRJs and a few 737s and A319s, but I ended up also seeing a 757 which I was very surprised. At first, I thought it was a medical emergency because I saw what seemed like police or ambulance lights but it turned out it was a real flight from KDEN. Also, note this is my first plane spotting post and first plane spotting with this camera so some pictures are not the best.

Equipment: Canon EOS Rebel T6 and Canon EF 75-300mm Lense

Date: 23AUG2018

American Airlines Airbus A319 Piedmont Airlines Heritage Livery

American Airlines ERJ-175

Trans State Airlines ERJ-145

Jet Blue ERJ-190
IMG_0085
American Airlines ERJ-175
IMG_0129
IMG_0132
American Airlines Boeing 737-800 Trans World Airways Heritage Livery

American Airlines Boeing 737-800

Delta Airbus A319

United 757-300

27 Likes

That’s an E175, but great photos man! Perfect conditions, and excellent lighting, Well Done!

2 Likes

Oh woops, forgot to change that and thanks!

3 Likes

That’s a nice camera and lens you got there. I have the same one, lol

1 Like

Yes, I really like it very good for the price.

1 Like

To clarify, am I mistaken in saying that runway 1 is opposite the more famous Gravely Point?

Because runway 1 would be pointing north I think, but you say you were Spotting at gravely point, I am a bit confused…

1 Like

You are correct, I put 1 because that was the Runway being used. Should I put… 19?

2 Likes

Ah, makes sense. I was gona say I thought Gravely was off 13 correct? Pretty cool place though. Never been actually when they were departing over your head, only approaching overhead…

1 Like

Yes, you should go if you ever have the chance. I couldn’t image how loud it would be if it wasn’t only regional aircraft… well there was a 757, but I didn’t see it depart only land.

2 Likes

Ya, we have family and friends in the DC aeria, but we only go there maby two or three times a year, and to DCA maby once, but often not in a year…

2 Likes

It’s a small world maybe see you there… well I’m gonna get some sleep for once in my life good night, have a great afternoon/night/morning!

2 Likes

Maby you can guess whare I live, but it’s Eastern, so good night… 😉

3 Likes

lemme guess…Pittsburgh???

:P

3 Likes

I really like the Delta A319. Nice angle! 👌

2 Likes

I like that 753 there! Nice pics!!

2 Likes

Wow! Those 753s are pretty rare.

3 Likes

Thanks! That is one of my favorites.

1 Like

Yep, I think their are only 2 753 flights to DCA a day, I saw the one from KDEN. I think the other one is KSFO.

1 Like

Awesome pictures! I really like the JetBlue ERJ, the placement of the aircraft in the picture makes it very nice to look at! Fantastic job!

2 Likes

Nice Planespotting, hope to see more from you!

1 Like