Spotting @ KPIT (Part 1)

Hey guys!

Last week I flew down to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to visit some family. While I was there, I was fortunate enough to do tons of aviation-related activities including going to an airshow, planespotting, and taking my first flight lesson. Over the next month, I will be making several topics showcasing photos from the different experiences I had. This is the first.

These shots are from my first day of spotting at KPIT. We found really good places less than 100 yards from the end of the runways and spent about 3 hours watching inbounds. Most of the photos are from 28L with the exception of the Citation Latitude and the Boeing C-40, which were on short final to 32. I ened up with over 70 photos of 30 different aircraft, including a few diverts from KJFK, which was having severe weather at the time. I’ve narrowed them down to the ten best and have done some editing to make them look better. I apologize if the photos aren’t the highest quality, I don’t have the best camera at the moment. Enjoy!

American Eagle E175

Delta CRJ-900 (from DTW)

Boeing C-40

Delta 737-900 (diverted from LAS-JFK)

Cessna Citation Latitude

American Eagle E145 (Old livery)

Alaska 737-800 (from SEA)

Southwest 737-700 (Lining up on 28L)

Southern Airways Express C208

American A319

Thanks for checking these out! Let me know which one is your favorite below and keep an eye out for part 2!

29 Likes

The Delta 737-900 is so cool , nice photos

3 Likes

@KPIT needs to see this :D

3 Likes

The last photo is my favorite love it.

1 Like

Where’s the second wing split on the delta 737?

1 Like

Amazing pictures! I’m glad you got to spot at a different airport than MSO and BZN for once!

1 Like

I think it’s just the angle, it is visible in my other shots of the same plane.

1 Like

Oh right ok lol that’s funny though if they diverted cause of that

1 Like

They wouldn’t. It would have no impact on the flight.

1 Like

Yeah it would the style points would go down

1 Like

Yes! This is my home airport, the one I always fly out of. Thank you I enjoyed looking at these!

1 Like

I’m aware… 😉

2 Likes

I always love seeing these guys right after BA flies in, international heavy, then bam, C208 from the next town over, always an awsome comparison

3 Likes

@KPIT wink wink

The quality is relatively nice, good description as well!

Have a nice day!!

2 Likes

What a coincidence! I’m at PIT airport right now just checked in and my flight is at 3:30 to RSW!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s amazing how many of them there are in Pittsburgh. Pretty much every other aircraft I saw was one. They are nice though, it’s not very normal to see that many small commuters operating out of an airport that size.

2 Likes

Nice pictures! I love the southwest and the last pic. The dark clouds are a really nice background ;)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.