Spotting @ KPDX

Spotting @KPDX

====

I frequently have an opportunity to visit Portland Intl to just hang out at various locations and do a bit of spotting. Yesterday morning I captured a few images and thought I would prioritize getting some of them up. I have many more to share but will spread them over time. Additionally, I will try to capture all the Metadata about the flights as well if I have time.

Cheers

32 Likes

It was nice vibing/spotting with you on the Garage. GG to short term.

3 Likes

Great photos here, I suggest cropping them to enhance the quality!

3 Likes

Cool pictures! Where were these taken? I may have to visit sometime.

2 Likes

That Mokulele C208 is 🔥

1 Like

Wow ! Cool pics ✈️

I prefer the Mustang and the PC-12

1 Like

Nice combo of Ga and commercial traffic, great photos there, @shat!

2 Likes

Nice pictures, but I can’t get over that truck driving without a trailer. It looks so unnatural.

1 Like

I really like the picture with the Cirrus in it

1 Like

I’m in love!

1 Like

I absolutely love the SR22 photo!

1 Like

These are actually cropped from their originals. Many quite significantly but I will crop some tighter shots and post. Personally, I am not a fan of cropped tight aircraft as I want to see the rest of the photograph displaying it’s surroundings but at times that creates exposure conflicts.

I have just returned from another brief visit. I actually stop by almost daily to see GA with hopes of getting a few good shots each day.

Cheers

L7 of the short term garage on the east end.

Ha! Right. It’s funny, I love when their is a glaring issue in the frame like a trailer less truck.

Working on some Amazon only livery and transport sets now. Funny, I have plenty of shots when I’m not trying but find it difficult to intentionally capture Amazon Prime LTL freight truck/trailers lol.

1 Like

Heck yeah homie. Let me know if you want to hit up the garages or something some time. Don’t mind picking you up as long as you COVID-19 free. :)

1 Like

Curious if people enjoy general airport photographs like Towers, Platforms, Garages, Parking, etc.

I’m a big fan of parking payment gates…

Count on it lol.

1 Like

The control tower be like

WERE GOIN DOWN, WERE YELLINNNN TIMBERRRRRR, YOU BETTER MOVE

I like the color in the first one, except the horizon is a bit off… Nice pics though!

Yeah, I did not touch that one in terms of crop or the verticals. I figure it gives a bit of punch for what it looks like hanging out on the top of L7 of the Long Term garage.

1 Like