Spotting @ KMSP 10/18/2018

Hello IFC, I went on my first ever spotting trip today at KMSP. Here are some of the photos I got.

Minnesota Air National Gaurd C-130H

Delta Boeing 717

I think this is a private Dassault Falcon, not sure what varient.

American Airlines Airbus A321

Delta Boeing 757

Southwest 737 - Special Livery Louisana One (Thank you @Plane-Train-TV for finding it! )

Delta Airlines Airbus A319 (Thank you @Daniel_Cerritos for pointing out the aircraft )

Delta Connection CRJ-900

Sun Country 737

This was my first time going to the aircraft viewing area at MSP which is inbetween all of the runways. I want to give a shout out to the man who let me use his ladder to take some pictures. It gave me a chance to get some better shots above the fence.

Some of you may notice that some of these are a bit blurry and the ammount of light it off. It was cold outside and I was just getting used to using the ISO, so all feedback and tips are appreciated. Thanks for taking a look at this topic. :)

34 Likes

The Delta A320 is actually an Airbus A319 :).

Great pictures!

4 Likes

The Southwest 737-700 is the Louisana One
It is actually the newest special livery to Southwest’s fleet. Great shot!

3 Likes

Love the C-130! Beautiful pics!

2 Likes

Very nice! The sunset really adds to these pictures.

2 Likes

Nice shots here! All very nice, especially once you start getting the low light ones. Kudos!

2 Likes

Nice photos! I love the Delta 717!

2 Likes

Beautiful shots! What type of camera? Make and model?

2 Likes

Agreed! How often does the Delta 712 come say hi to KMSP? I know the use them on high demand routes on the west coast like:

KLAX-KLAS
KSFO-KLAX
KLAX-KSAN
KPDX-KSEA

Weird. Great shots though!

4 Likes

Hi Julian,
I used a Nikon D5100 DSLR on these shots. It is my dad’s and we have used it on many other occasions and it is truly a great camera in the right hands.

I see that American maddog you tried to hide in the first pic :)
Very Nice shots!

1 Like

I love seeing some more Minnesotan Avgeeks here :)! Also amazing photos! We should go and spot together at MSP haha

2 Likes

Do you have the registration numbers for the SW 737? I ask because I think I got a photo of it at KPDX! Amazing shots btw! I personally love the Delta’s! Keep spotting, and keep posting!

Edit: Sorry about the yellow-green bar on the side, not sure where that is from, not in the original photo. Also it look so bad because I had to down res it from 8k.

I’ve been stalking this category recently, and I love the DAL a319 and Sun Country 737-800.

@Jeffrey_Varga I’m pretty sure there’s only one Louisiana 1. If you saw it, it’s probably the same one.

2 Likes

If so, thats pretty cool!

Awesome!
I have the Ninon D3300. What lense?

I would assume daily since they go from there to here almost daily

That specific plane is N946WN. Louisiana One livery.

They also fly it to New York and Houston, however, next July, they’re replacing the 717 with the A220 on the Houston route

1 Like

Great photos - really high quality for a first - time trip. Here’s to many more!

2 Likes