Spotting in Paradise

Blue Whales Consume up to 6 tons of Krill a Day

Airport: Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ/MPDC)
Aircraft: Various
Flight Time: Various
Server: Expert

I am the operational manager at the Dominican Republic’s busiest gateway, Punta Cana International Airport. With hundreds of operations a day, there’s never a dull moment. We’re in the process of revamping our website, and need some pictures to go provide to the designers.

I dabble in photography, I was given a very expensive camera with a telephoto lens and told to go around all day taking pictures. Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

The first arrival of my shift was Frontier’s “Virginia the Wolf” A321 coming in from San Juan.

I parked my truck right next to the runway to catch the next landing, this United 737-900ER arriving from Denver

I drove over to the other side of the runway just in time to snap this LOT 787-8 taking off for Warsaw

This Delta 757 absolutely buttered the touchdown after it’s 3 hour flight from Atlanta

An unusual visitor, this American Airlines Astrojet Retro livery 737-800 rotated out for Dallas/Fort Worth right in front of me

Punta Cana also has a sizable cargo operation, including a once - daily FedEx 777F flight from Memphis

Sun Country bringing some frigid Minnesotans to thaw out

MPDC also sees some wealthy passengers traveling through. This Challenger 350 was arriving from Reykjavik/Keflavik.

The last picture I got today was off this Air Canada butter machine doing it’s thing after around 4 hours in the air from Toronto.

Rate This Topic

0 voters

Which Was Your Favorite Picture?

• Frontier A321-211 “Virginia the Wolf”
  • United Airlines 737-900ER
  • LOT Polish 787-8
  • Delta Air Lines 757-200
  • American Airlines RetroJet 737-800
  • FedEx 777F
  • Sun Country Airlines 737-800
  • Challenger 350 (HB-CRW)
  • Air Canada A330-300