Spotting in my backyard!

Hi, I decided not to go to KORD today and instead just walked outside with my camera and took some photos of the planes arriving on 10C

First, we have a United 777-300ER from Tokyo

Second, we have a flying pencil aka the 757-300 from Denver

And last but certainly not least, we have a China Cargo 777F from Anchorage with the moon in the background

Thanks for viewing! See you next time!

• Xaro
22 Likes

I love the pictures great shots

2 Likes

Spotting at ORD, while not spotting at ORD.

4 Likes

Correct lol, I’m doing the same thing tomorrow but all day so I can get every good plane, also I’m probably going to the airport this weekend so I’ll get some really nice photos

1 Like

Nice shots! What altitude are those planes flying at?

2 Likes

It doesn’t get much better then this! Spotting in the backyard just sounds incredible!

2 Likes

Here in the north suburbs, it’s too far from Ohare to get the planes at good altitude, I’d assume you are from the west suburbs, great photos! I really wish I could do this from the comfort of my backyard!

2 Likes

I wanted to do a flight from ORD but my iPad kept crashing, and then my joystick app practically passed away on me, so I didn’t bother.

2 Likes

Great shots! Where I live in the northwest suburbs they pass over at around 10,000FT.

1 Like

The last photo is a nice realistic moon shot instead of someone in IF!

I Challenge someone to recreate this shot of the moon and the plane in IF!

1 Like

they pass over ranging from 5,000 to 2,500 feet, sometimes when a 748 or just a big plane is really low, it wakes me up at the middle of the night because of how loud they are.

1 Like

great photos!

2 Likes

I hope i can do spotting more! By the way one day come to my hometown in WIII, Soekarno Hatta in Jakarta, Indonesia ;)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.