Spotting in Houston 8/5/17

IMG_3378

Some very nice pictures from Houston-Hobby today! I went with aviation_houston, go check him out on Instagram! I loved catching those special planes! California One, New Mexico One, and Nevada One all made an appearance! The second picture from the top seems like a picture from a Southwest commercial, the lighting is very similar in my opinion! What do you think?

26 Likes

Do you mean 8/5? Because as of the time this post was written you’re only 6 minutes into 8/6 in your timezone, and unless you photoshopped a blue sky in these photos that you literally took now then I think you made a minor mistake ;)
EDIT: You’ve fixed it

2 Likes

Thanks for catching that!!! It’s getting late here, I should go to sleep…

1 Like

And also, one more thing, this should be in #real-world-aviation spotting ;)

1 Like

I just realized I forgot to say that these are great pics. I guess we’re both really out of it… LOL goodnight!

Oh my - those are some really good pictures. Well done! 😱😍👌

2 Likes

There’s not enough Southwest.

1 Like

Awesome photos that you have hear!

Do love the Southwest special livery. Looks nice

1 Like

Wow really nice pictures you got

Wow, amazing job! I love all the specials you managed to catch! Nicely done!

2 Likes

Stunning photos! Well done!

1 Like

Those pics are a lot better than mine! lol

That Southwest 737-700 with the split schimitars 😍😍😍😍

3 Likes

I was at Houston GB. And got these ![IMG_9384|375x500](upload://eHGfBSSiXZMVbkiAaYxKblNUhAu.JPG 747 on final as we moved off the run way. ![IMG_9385|666x500](upload://p5qIhFhlslFKqCkweygkqTgKYLV.JPG ERJ 145 at the gate

FedEx MD11 the photo was during our rotation and my iPhone was a little slow at snapping the photo

2 Likes

Cool. Love that United pic and the SW pics! :)

1 Like

I saw “Houston” and “08/05/17” and freaked lol. I was in Houston as well yesterday but at Houston Intercontinental Airprot. A huge blow! That would have been awesome to have seen someone fro mm the forum.

1 Like

I didn’t realize Southwest has scimitars on aircraft with their old livery, very interesting! I wonder, does that mean they have the sky interior too?

1 Like

All Southwest 737-800s have Sky Interior. If you are talking about old livery 737-700s, there are only a few with split scimitars, and I’m pretty sure they don’t have Sky Interior. 👍🏻

1 Like

In a way. I was on N556WN in May, a 737-700 in the old livery with split scimitars. It wasn’t the sky interior but the seats were all blue. This is what it looked like

2 Likes