Spotting in Houston 6/22/18

So I headed out to Houston to spot at Experience Aviation Day Houston, hosted by the company I work for as well as ExpressJet. I met some great people there, including @JRRaviation and @Matt737, some of whom had come from other states and even other countries just to attend the event. Here are my top 10 pictures from dedicated spotting the day before the event. I know not all of them are perfect quality, but I still liked the way they turned out and the motive behind them. Hope you guys do too!

35 Likes

AWESOME! What’s your camera setup?

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you like them! I have a Nikon D5500 and a 70-300mm Nikkor lens was used for those shots.

4 Likes

I love that Alaska livery. It looks so damn nice. It reminds of the KLM Orange Pride livery, both of which are very nice.

2 Likes

Awesome photos Cameron!
If they do this event next year, I’ll try to go!

2 Likes

Nice pics, Spirit for ever! HAHAHA’

2 Likes

These Pics are so professional! You could seriously make planespotting videos!

3 Likes

Vibrant and beautiful 😍

4 Likes

Thanks man. We are actually working on doing another one with Aeromexico in Mexico City which should be a lot of fun if they agree to it! I doubt it’ll happen in Houston again though, at least for a while.

2 Likes

Haha thanks I actually flew them both ways (LAX-IAH and back)

2 Likes

Thanks and I actually have an Instagram for the photos but I’m not so much into videoing as I am still photographs.

2 Likes

I was wondering why some of the pictures reminded me of the ones that @JRRaviation posted earlier this week ;)
Both of you seriously got a amazing eye for pictures, great shots by both of you!

3 Likes

Such incredible photos! I wish I could shoot pictures like these. Especially love the More to Love and MAX Long Exposure (I think that’s what it’s called)

3 Likes

Really appreciate it! All that came with practice and I still have a ton of room to improve (and yes it is called a long exposure haha)

2 Likes

Still slightly salty that @JRRaviation, @Matt737, and you (c’mon Cameron) didn’t tell me about this~ I would have come. Ah well. Great pictures, nonetheless.

2 Likes

It was advertised everywhere on Instagram… Plus you’re from Ohio not Texas 🤦🏻‍♀️

4 Likes

Absolutely amazing pictures!!! They’re all so good I can’t chose a favourite but of I really really had to it would be the Qatar and Alaskan!!!

2 Likes

Thank you but there was no Norwegian lol. Did you mean Air New Zealand or something else?

1 Like

Oops, mistook it for that Alaskan 😂😂

2 Likes

Ok haha yeah I kinda see where that came from

2 Likes