Spotting IAH 1-25-2019 (Night Spotting!)

Introduction

As some of you know, I got a new Canon 70-200 f/4L IS II USM lens for my Canon 80D. I had tried it out in daylight previously, but not at night.

I spotted from about 5:45pm to 9pm on January 25. I spotted from the C garage.
Here are the 8 best pictures from the trip. You can see all these on my Flickr page in high quality.

Conclusion

Thanks for looking through my pictures! I hope you liked them. Please leave feedback on them; I love reading everyone’s comments.

Flickr
JetPhotos
Instagram

Gear

Canon 80D
Canon 70-200 f/4L IS II USM
Tripod

I’ve posted high quality versions of my shots on Flickr, so go check it out, and maybe even follow. Thanks again!

46 Likes

Wow! Great photos! I absolutely love the beacons and lights standing out at night! My favorites are the Air New Zealand 777 and the Singapore A350!

Keep it up!

3 Likes

Singapore A350!🙌 Keep it up Matt!

1 Like

Oh my. These photos are epic. The colors pop so well! Amazing shots, Matt. :)

2 Likes

I need to go spotting at KIAH sometime. These photos are great!

1 Like

I really like the night traffic lights and everything, I really hope that the infinite flight improves the night flight for us, I would like to fly and see the city lights and taxi with taxi way lights and most importantly the tone of lightness because it gets very dark at night

nice photo, I really liked it

1 Like

Omg omg omg how are you so good at this? These are some of the best photos EVER! Great work Matt.

2 Likes

I look at most spotting threads I see, but maby it’s just me, but when I see that the original poster is @Matt737, I can’t click fast enough…

3 Likes

Amazing pictures. Night spotting is always cool.

1 Like

If I go to IAH can you help me take the best night shots ever?

2 Likes

Are these night shots possible with an F/4.5-6.3? or do you need a fixed low aperture

1 Like

My conclusion? the pictures are beyond fantastic, I love them😍 I can’t decide which one is the best

2 Likes

Can’t guarantee anything 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Oh yeah definitely possible. Most of these were between f/7.1 and f/13. The ones with the defined star bursts of the aircraft lights are up in the f/20 to f/32 range.

1 Like

Practice practice practice! Also some location location location, but mostly practice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.