Spotting From The Control Tower : Edition 10

Sup Supervisors! Wait there more supervisors? Yes! It is that time again to celebrate the newly appointed trustees of the IFATC team. It’s time to hear their story’s and how they have proven themselves as people of great leadership amongst the team. It’s now time for their new chapter!

“As some of you guys may know, I am an orchestral musician studying to be a professional. I don’t really have an affiliation with real world aviation but I was interested and planes and ATC. I joined IFATC on March 11 and ever since then, I had a passion to learn more and to always improve from previous sessions and before I knew it, I became a trainer and now supervisor. To all my fellow controllers and community members, I hope this shows that you don’t have to know everything or be perfect, however the hard work will pay off in the end.” - @Drummer

“Hello, I’m Shane if you don’t know me, and I’m from Green Bay, Wisconsin, and aspire to be a real world controller. I joined IFATC to better my knowledge of ATC and to get a gist of what it’s like to control the expert servers, and I was hooked immediately. I joined on April 27th, 2020, and have loved nearly every single day of it, especially points when I got to work with other controllers such as tagging an airport, or even my radar training. Towards the start of my radar training, I really wanted to get involved, so I attended hundreds of training sessions to help fellow radar and tower trainees work up the ranks and get into IFATC, and eventually I received tester. The tester role gave me great satisfaction and made me feel as though I was making a positive difference in the IFATC community. Just over 3 and a half months following my officer promotion, I woke up to a special surprise, the supervisor rank! I’m thankful that I’ll be able to help further in the IFATC circle in ways such as helping newer controllers learn the ropes and provide session feedback, vote on radar training request polls, and moderate the expert server and make sure everyone is on their best behavior. I owe everything I have today to Declan_O (recruiter), TaipeiGuru (my radar trainer) who was also promoted to supervisor along side me, and Tyler_Shelton, who I’ve developed a stellar relationship with and who has rewarded me with my position today. Sincerely, thank you all.” - @Shane

“It was difficult for me to enter the IFATC, as I only managed to pass the written test on the fifth attempt. I’m glad I didn’t give up. After that, I did a practical training with Rocco and I passed the practical test on the first attempt. I made some mistakes here and there over the days, but I got some good advice from several other people. So, after I reached the requirements, I started training with Balloonchaser to be an Officer, and on the second attempt on the practical test I finally got it; and this week came the surprise that I was promoted to Supervisor, and all this thanks to the entire IFATC team that helped me with feedback training sessions. My jaw dropped when I read the message. I also add a special thanks to Anton de Zeeuw who also helped me a lot in the beginning.” - @Mauricio_B

“I have always liked the Air Traffic Control aspect of Infinite Flight. An IFATC Supervisor noticed my interest and asked how was my process in becoming IFATC. Then I started to think seriously and sought the training offered by them. When I became IFATC I was welcomed by the team. After some time I started to help other training sessions, as I was helped before. I became an IFATC Tester to help with practical test sessions. I was invited to become an IFATC Trainer (I thank my trainer for helping me). Shortly thereafter, while I was working, I received a message saying that I was promoted to IFATC Supervisor. I was very happy. Because I was in the group that I always wanted to be. And as a Supervisor I can help this group more and more. Infinite Flight ATC is more than fun for me, it has been part of my life.” - @WesleyHenrich

“I was very pleasantly surprised and grateful on my advancement to the position of a supervisor. I would like to thank my recruiter, trainer and the ATC manager for helping me through my entire journey in IFATC. When I first installed Infinite Flight in 2013, i wouldn’t believe any of this would have happened. My best advise to anyone in training would be to attend training sessions for other trainees. Each scenario in each training session is different and it helps to give you an overall outlook on the fundamentals and functionalities of different ATC positions. It is important to remember that learning never stops: Neither for the trainee nor for the master!” - @Jet_Airways_995

"I’d just like to start off by thanking you for your congratulations, it is much appreciated. Now, to those who are reading this, some words of advice, which also helped me: you can do whatever you want if you your mind to it. Whether it be becoming Grade 5, an IFATC controller or becoming the highest rank in your VO, it doesn’t matter. Another thing I have kept to heart is that you will always start from the bottom, no matter your skill experience. Don’t try to rush anything, and don’t join a workplace with the mindset that you’re going to get an exclusive really quickly - you’ve got to prove yourself and work for it. - @Adam

It’s incredible to see so many amazing stories coming together! I would love to thank them all for taking the time to tell their story. Maybe just maybe your story will be noticed and taken to the next chapter. We sadly couldn’t hear from @NJ24, @TaipeiGuru & @ToasterStroodie but like tradition we celebrate everyone!

Branding  (2)

A massive thank you goes to the #SpottingFromTheControlTower Team for their help in making these post a reality!

68 Likes

Nice one as usual, Joshua! :)

3 Likes

Very nice Josh! And congratulations everyone on the promotion 🍾

4 Likes

Good share!!!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! :)

3 Likes

Which story do you guys find the most intresting and why?

1 Like

I think’s Shane story because I remember when he first got into ATC and now he’s a supervisor

4 Likes

Nice to read this Josh, congrats again guys!

3 Likes

Thanks @Gliding_Central!!

3 Likes

Yh no problem’s at all and you all totally deserve it :) Thank you all also for your kind words!

3 Likes

Yh I totally agree it’s crazy Ikr! Just goes to show what really hard work and effort leads to!

3 Likes

Amazing topic Josh! Congratulations to everyone that got promoted, its a beautiful journey until Supervisor, congrats on all your hardwork!

4 Likes

Thank you very much indeed and there’s deffinatly more to come and planned so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Really interesting read, Nice work Josh !

3 Likes

Thank you very much indeed!

3 Likes

Nice post! Good job @Gliding_Central and the team!

3 Likes

Thanks @CrisYe that means a lot and thank you very much indeed! I can’t wait to bring more posts to the community like this one to show the amazing talent we have in the IFATC team as a whole.

2 Likes

Congrats guys! You’ve earned it!😁

@Shane go bears🤭

3 Likes

Bold statement you’ve made. 😑

4 Likes

Oh boy… I agree Shane, quite the bold statement…

Congrats to all the new supervisors! Thank you for your dedication to the team, it takes a special kind of person to become a Supervisor!

4 Likes