Spotting at ZRH/LSZH | July 15th, 2019

Hello IFC! Three weeks ago, I checked another airport off my spotting bucket list: ZRH! I wasn’t there for too long and I know that ZRH is far better in the early morning hours than the afternoon, but regardless I enjoyed spotting there. These were shot from the spotting platform at the Heligrill (click here) overlooking 16/34.

Nikon D7500 | Tamron 100-400mm VC USD

Kicking it off with my favorite shot from the session.

And that T7 again, showing us that flex.

Here’s a ZRH staple. I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m awful at panning but I’m proud that I pulled it off handheld at 1/60.

Another favorite from the session.

No, the lighting isn’t fake edited, nature just decided to shine a spotlight on this A340.

This A330 shows how underpowered that A340 can be, this guy was going 50% further (LAS vs. BOS)

Planespotters’ first world problems: When you decide to wait for an aircraft to takeoff but it gets delayed and then it ends up taking off on the other runway (Quality isn’t really there but I like the angle).

Plugs:

Vote for your favorite!

• Swiss T7 (Clouds)
  • Swiss T7 (Rotation)
  • Helvetic E190
  • Business Jet (Global 6000)
  • Swiss A343
  • Edelweiss A333
  • Qatar A359

0 voters

Thanks for viewing my topic!

40 Likes

Wow, nice!!

3 Likes

Wow these are some of the best shots I’ve seen in a while!

3 Likes

Amazing photos as always! The first one tho… 😍

3 Likes

Thank you!

That means a lot man!

My personal favorite as well

5 Likes

Looking rather stylish there @AndrewWu (Andrew)

2 Likes

Nice pictures.

3 Likes

wow! they are amazing pictures, I love the first and last one.

2 Likes

Really good pictures! I really like the global 6000 picture. If your ever in Zürich again let me know and we can go spotting together.

3 Likes

Thank you guys!

Thanks! I live like 4000 miles away but you never know, I might be back!

2 Likes

Nice shots! Which RWY did QTR use?

1 Like

He departed 28. Guess he was just light enough

Jep, QTR has 2 daily flights with the A350, rarely 787, and usually he uses 28 when the normal RWY usage concept is active.
Note: Just passing the airport with the train, QTR A350 with oneworld c/s is here…

1 Like

Beautiful shots as always. Rlly jealous that another spotter got to go to ZRH. So many amazing shots come from there. Well done on the Helvetic shot. I also suck at panning so that gives me motivation lol

1 Like

I wish I had gotten OneWorld. Yeah, I barely did any research so all I knew was “heavies on 16 until 20:00” but oh well, can’t have everything.

Thanks man. ZRH I think is one of the best in Europe (and worldwide) for spotting. The amount and quality of the spots is just amazing. And yea panning’s tough. 1/60 isn’t even that slow of a shutterspeed, and my success rate on that Helvetic was still 5% (1/20)

1 Like

Nice picture ilike it

1 Like

Thank you!

Sorry not voting on these…

Impossible to pick a favourite! Stunning captures my friend, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That are amazing pics you Made there👍🏻
Great job

1 Like

Awesome love the Qatar

1 Like