Spotting at YSSY #2

G’Day folks, welcome to round 2 of my spotting photos from Sydney (Not the capital) Due to the global impact of Novel Coronavirus the range of aircraft coming into Sydney is understandably limited. This range of photos has been hand picked for your viewing pleasure, featuring a range stretching from the smallest of planes to the belugas of the aviation industry.

Hope you enjoy them :)

Ok, we’ll start with this. VH-KTN is a 43 year old PA-28 (Piper Cherokee) from Alpha Aviation in Bankstown. I’m trying to convince my flight instructor that it would be good training but my attempts have been fruitless thus far.

Next on today’s menu is this piece of brilliance, VH-LTQ is an 8 year old Beechcraft Super King Air. One person who could really describe this through, and that would be Jeremy Clarkson. Something along the lines of “superb” This particular one is operated by Royal Flying Doctors Service with the Ambulance Tasmania Livery.

Now we can turn to something more sleek and exclusive, VH-VSZ is a relatively new Bombardier Challenger 604. This particular aircraft is owned by ExecuJet based out of Sydney Kingsford. 💸

Here we can see a wild Dash 8 Q400 in its natural habitat, the airport. This particular aircraft is operated by Sunstate Airlines, this a subsidiary group of Qantas and operates flights under the Qantas Link banner.

Blastoff. VH-VGD is a 9 year old Airbus A320 operated by Jetstar. This plane is pretty self explanatory so I’ll save you from reading a wall of text again ;)

Another pretty self explanatory one is this Qantas 737. Last time I shared the retro roo livery, this time it’s the standard one. VH-XZI is a 7 year old 737-8.

We’re going to step it up a bit and look at a bigger plane now. This is a 3 year old United 777-300ER, N2737U, and was operating a cargo only flight over to Los Angeles.

This is one of my personal favourites here, to give you the basic info. This is a 4 year old Airbus A350-900 operated by Singapore Airlines. The light wasn’t exactly in my favour for this one but it’s still a magnificent thing to look at.

And just because I can, here’s another A350 :) The difference here is that this is the Airbus A350-1000. The basic facts again, it’s a 2 year old aircraft operated by Cathay Pacific, B-LXD. Due to the terrible design of YSSY approximately 6 million poles were in the way of the touch down shot, maybe next time I can share one. :(

And last but not least, the one, the only, it’s the A380. 🎉 It’s sad that we’re seeing this big bird less in the skies at the moment. China Southern are the only airline who have recently operated an A380 into or out of Sydney recently. As you can see this one is operated by China Southern, B-6139

Hopefully you’ve seen something you liked here. I’ll accept all feedback as long as it’s constructive and will help me improve.

That’s it from me, until next time 👋👋

29 Likes

Nice shots!

1 Like

Sick Photos Alex loved the commentary!

1 Like

Still in love with the air ambulance 😍

1 Like

Stunning shots @Alex_E, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thanks Pingu 😊

Thanks Blake 🙏 Thought I’d change it up a little and see how it went.

Same for me. It’s a special one to see!

Thanks Andy!! 😊

4 Likes

Great photos there Alex!!

1 Like

Love the photos Alex 😁

1 Like

Thanks Cameron!

Thanks Robert 😊

1 Like

My favorite!

1 Like

It’s a nice plane. But I’m sticking with the Qantas Retro Roo as my favourite.

2 Likes

very nice photos, @Alex_E

1 Like

Thank you! 😊

1 Like