Spotting at YSSY #10 - Sunset session at the beach

Howdy and welcome to the tenth edition of my little spotting series at Sydney. I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting this to last as long as it has. With that little bit out of the way let me talk about today’s photos, this batch of photos is to show off what we (Australia) have to offer to the rest of the aviation world. Hopefully, there’s something here that catches your eye. Enjoy!

To start us off we have an old favourite, the Qantas 737. I tried a new camera setting for this one and I’m pretty happy with the results of this. I love the simplicity of this livery, Qantas has done it right and other airlines should take note ;)

Next up is the big powerful figure of the Qantas 767 Freighter arriving on 34L. I just adore the sound of this beauty… or is that just every plane in general :)

Ok, a slightly smaller figure. cough cough @Thunderbolt cough cough. This is a Beech 200 Super King Air operated by the royal flying doctor’s service. This one floated down to this point before finally touching down. Love this livery!!!

Another old classic and a true workhorse is the QantasLink Dash 8 Q400, you can just make out a bit of golden light catching the tail in this shot. Love it!

This one was unexpected, as was my reaction when I saw it on FR24… to the other people standing around fishing. This is one that I adore, truly. I would love to see this one in the game as soon as possible, sadly we have to face facts and appreciate that other airlines are favoured by the community. Still holding out hope!

Awesome Livery though, as I’m sure I’ve said!

Another somewhat unexpected departure was this Maskargo A330-200F. I don’t why I get so excited something special comes by but I dropped my camera… A very quick rotation it must be said, love this one!

Ok, back to the Australian ones for a moment. This one carries a fierce reputation on Infinite Flight as the impossible plane to land and fly. This another one of those workhorses that Qantas operate, very happy to see these flying!

And a quick step away, here’s another thunderous plane blasting off 34L. It’s the FedEx 777. I’m happy with how the golden light looks on the tail here, really makes it pop in my personal opinion.

Here we see a wild Virgin Australia 737 in its natural environment, the sky. Was not expecting to see this rotate so early, thankfully I held onto my camera this time… The landing lights look pretty cool it can be said :)

And last but not least, another Royal Flying Doctors service aircraft, this one has featured previously so I don’t need to say anything other than, I love this one!

Well, that’s all I have for today, I do hope you saw something you liked. Please let me know if you have any feedback by leaving a comment below or messaging me directly. It is all greatly appreciated and helps me improve each time.

I’ll be back soon with some special liveries!

Cheers Everyone!

42 Likes

Awesome Photos!

1 Like

Love it 😍😍😍😍

1 Like

Thank you both! 😊😄

1 Like

Great job! Loved that 787!

1 Like

Thank you Felix. Appreciate it 😊

1 Like

WOW. Wonderful photos. I love them!!!😍😍

1 Like

Thanks Eason 😊

Side note: if someone can tell me what the cake next to my name means that’d be awesome… I’m getting hungry

Wow like it 10/10

1 Like

Thank you! 😊

1 Like

It means it’s your anniversary on the IFC (or your birthday).

The first one 😍😍

Great shots, good job Alexa.

1 Like

Ohhh gotcha. Must be my anniversary, my birthday isn’t till July 😂

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks! Music party tomorrow 😏

1 Like

You know it 😎

1 Like

😏 See you there

Amazing picture I absolutely love the Qantas 100 Livery on the B787-9

Once again a fantastic topic you made there! Some really cool and unique planes, with some like the B717 basically extinct here in Europe and the Qantas and Virgin Australia short-haul planes rarely venturing here also some planes I rarely see.

My favourite must be the Qantas 100 year 787 though, which is especially well captured as well. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great photos as always!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a nice one :) !!