Spotting At YBBN // 4/12/20 // Borders Are Open! // Heat Haze Is Back // Part 1

Hello IFC,
Today I went spotting at Brisbane International Airport For The First Time In Over 5 months! The Queensland borders have finally opened to New South Wales and Victoria, so I seized the opportunity to spot while they are open. Unfortunately, heat haze was back. I am only an amateur spotter so please leave feedback!

The first image is a Virgin Australia 737-800 [VH-VUS] and it is taxiing out to the new runway for a flight to Cairns [CNS]

The second image is an Alliance Airlines Fokker 70 taxiing to the domestic terminal after a flight from Moranbah [MOV]

The third image is one of 2 737-700 in Virgin Australia’s fleet and is getting ready for a flight to Rockhampton [ROK]

The fourth image is a Toll Freight ATR42 taxiing to the GA apron after a flight from Mackay

The fifth image is a Two-in-one Qantas special. Taxiing to RWY01L is a Qantas 737-800 for a flight to Townsville [TSV], and taxiing to the domestic terminal is a QantasLink Bombardier Q400 after a flight from Emerald [EMD]

Image six is a special sight for me, a Solomon Airlines A320-200 taxiing to RWY01L for a flight to Honiara [HON]

The seventh image is a Qantas 737-800 wearing the Retro Roo II livery. It has just arrived in from Cairns [CNS]

Image eight is of a freshly painted Link Airways (Originally Fly Corporate) Saab 340B. He is about to depart to Wollongong-Shellharbour airport [SHB]

The ninth image is the second international flight of the day, originating in Singapore [SIN]. The A350-900 is so stunning!

The final image is of a weird little private jet that I have no idea what aircraft type it is! If you know, please tell me!

I saw lots of others including a Toll 737-400PF, Hevilift ATR72-600, Gulfstream G650ER and QantasLink 717, however they weren’t as good photos as id hoped. Thanks for taking the time to look, so why not rate my photos while you are at it :)

Rate My Photos!

0 voters

Which Photo was your favourite?

0 voters

17 Likes

Looks so clean ngl

2 Likes

You got a pretty good shot of the plane registration, so I googled it and Google said

Aero Commander 500S

2 Likes

Thank you @dca.iad.aviation! I have some more, just DM me if you want to see them

Thanks!

Never heard of it, but thats real cool, thank you!

1 Like

Sorry, I thought the first vote was for my favourite photo, so my actual rating of your photos is 8.5.

1 Like

Oh I miss spotting at Brisbane I bet it’s more fun now w the new runway 😍 beautiful shots mate! Kinda wish we had that QF 737 retro livery in IF ☹️

1 Like

I’d definetly recommend using an editing software and this great topic made by the one and only @AndrewWu. Nice pictures!

1 Like

That a350 would of sounded immense up close. I’m from Victoria and it’s great news borders are openning up. Great work 👌

1 Like

Great photos!! Nice to see another Aussie on the forum 😀

1 Like

Thank you all!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.