Spotting at Sint Maarten

*Fokker 50 right there.

Nice pictures though.
Hope to get there and the surrounding area at some point in my life.

2 Likes

Were you there on Saturday around 3? I flew in on American 867 from CLT. I believe it was N704US.

1 Like

It never fails. You get the best spotting photos here.

1 Like

Amazing pictures, Will! Hope you enjoyed your time in St. Maarten. I would love to visit someday.

and yes, I do remember seeing your flight on FR24 as I was tracking all of the diversions yesterday to Boston (DAL328 if I recall correctly). Crazy day for you, I bet! :)

4 Likes

What is the best time of year to go? I wanna go but not when the beach is overloaded with people

Best Times (With LOTS OF PEOPLE) But alot more aircraft: February Break for North-East America, Christmas Break, or Easter Break.

With less people / less aircraft: early Autumn and end of Summer

1 Like

Some really great photos, shame the 747 doesn’t fly to Sint Maarten anymore :(

Beautiful pictures, specially the CM E-190! They started with the Embraer when they inaugurated the PTY-SXM route in 2010, but later they switched to the 737 because the traffic begun to grow.

Sadly the E-190 will be retired gradually as the 737 MAX integrates the fleet.

1 Like

It was insane!

I was in the first seat of the plane so I heard everything. A woman had a panic attack so I gave her a seat, so the pilots let me sit with them. I talked to them before the flight so they already knew me. It was great!

5 Likes

Awesome pictures as always Will! It’s cool how you saw AR too lol. The more and more I see the 75/767 cockpits, the more I like them! :)

1 Like

Wow. That must’ve been a fun time.

What a great way to end a vacation although being in an unforeseen situation. :)

Hope you enjoyed your (short) time at Logan.

1 Like

I really hoped to divert (don’t kill me).
I saw a bunch of new planes.
Lufthansa A350
WOW A321
Hainan 787
AA OneWorld 757
Lol it was fun. Especially because we got some nice cool air from the door.

2 Likes

That you?

5 Likes

Amazing pictures, would love to go planespotting there one day :)

1 Like

That would’ve been a trip of a lifetime! Carribean Airlines with no tailmarkings?

1 Like

Must be a very new plane :)!

1 Like

I Love the Copa Embraer 190

1 Like

Probably! Thanks! Funny that we were there at almost the same time!

2 Likes

Beautiful pictures!!! I’m planning to go soon 🙂

1 Like

Wow! You saw quite alot it seems. Unfortunatly on my first trip to Sint Maarten, I did not get to see Maho Beach. However the second time I came with my family and I was able to drag them there. Funny enough there opinion of “getting killed by an airplane coming at you” and “you can drive up to KORD some day to see the planes” changed when a KLM Boeing 747-400 came in low. That was probably the highlight of my trip, though a Amerijet 727 or Shorts 330 would have been better (imo). I do have pictures however I’d have to transfer them and blah blah blah, so I’ll post em later. The Amerijet 727 was scheduled to come in when I was there however it made a stop in the Bahamas on July 10th for unknown reasons. I Would go again if I had the chance and rent a vacation house on Maho Beach, because it was pretty awesome.

4 Likes