Spotting at Santiago Arturo Merino Benitez Int'l Airport (SCL)

Hello there! I haven’t been very active in the community lately, but I just wanted to share 10 of my favourite pictures that I took this saturday morning, at Santiago Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport (SCEL/SCL).
These photos are very low quality compared to what you’re probably used to, but I’m working on it.
Also keep in mind this is a very narrow selection out of the 322 photos I took, so if you have a questions or more photos do not hesitate to ask.

Anyway, let’s get on to it.

The first photo is a JetSmart A320ceo (I know it looks like a NEO because of the cockpit window black colours, but it isn’t) lining up on runway 17L to depart for Temuco, in the south of Chile. This aircraft is wearing the “Huemul” livery, Chile’s national animal.

This one is the tail of Latam’s CC-BBD, a 787-8, taxiing to runway 17L to depart for an international flight (I can’t remember exactly, it was probably Sao Paulo Guarulhos). You can see the majestic wing, characteristic to the 787.

Here is one of American Airlines’ 787-9s, landing on runway 17R from Dallas Fort Worth close to 9AM.

An Iberia A340-600, EC-JCZ, from Madrid Barajas, a 12 hour flight, touching down on runway 17R.

An Alitalia 777-200ER wearing the latest livery arriving from Rome, just seconds from touchdown on runway 17R.

BA251, a 787-9, closing in on runway 17R after a 14 hour flight from London Heathrow Airport.

After a streak of wide-bodies, a domestic Latam A321 activates reverse thrust and deploys spoilers after landing on runway 17R, as the nose wheels slowly makes contact with the tarmac (notice the dust coming from the nose gear).

A Latam 767-300ER, wearing TAM’s OneWorld livery descelerating on runway 17R after arrival from Sao Paulo Guarulhos.

AF406 from Paris Charles de Gaulle, F-GZNT wearing a Skyteam livery also slowing down. I personally think this is the best photo I took that day.

Another domestic Latam A321 arriving on runway 17R, this time from a different angle, after a short flight from the north of Chile.

21 Likes

very good photos! well done!

2 Likes

Thank you very much :) I hope to continue improving, and if I do, I’ll make sure to post them here.

1 Like

Amazing pics! Loved the AA’s 787!

1 Like

Amazing photos!, loved the British Airways´s 787

1 Like

Very nice picture. My favorite is the alitalia 777

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah I also think that one was very good, because you can kind of sense the speed of the aircraft because of the angle.

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.