Spotting at Raleigh-Durham

Howdy, all! I recently went spotting at my home airport of RDU, so I thought I should share some of the pictures I took!

Here we have an Airbus A220-100 inbound from LGA

N803DN, a Boeing 737-932 landing after a quick flight from Atlanta

A 737 Max 8 registered as N324RA operating service to Miami where AA operates their Max’s (I could be wrong)

I honestly have no idea what airline this is, or what it was doing at RDU, but it is a 737-400, so I will take it

N118HQ, operated by Republic Airways, taxing in from Pittsburg

Why not throw in a Challenger 350 , just cuz

What Picture was your favorite?

0 voters

24 Likes

This is iAero. They operate charter services.

I never knew that, thank you!

2 Likes

sheesh, these are awesome, wish I had that lighting when I visited, but that was during the series of blizzards in mid-january lmao

overcast clouds 👎

3 Likes

Awesome photos!

That last one is actually a Bombardier Challenger 350 though 😉

2 Likes

Yup! AA only operates the Max to RDU from MIA. Awesome pictures! What camera do you use?

Did you spot from the garage or the deck?

1 Like

Nice spotting!

2 Likes

Here’s a couple cool finds all in one screenshot!
We’ve got a Blackhawk, as well as two Delta 767’s providing charter service for the military! One flying from JFK to Savannah (Hunter Army Airfield), and one leaving Savannah for Germany!

2 Likes

Im not the best in corporate aviation. I thought it was a gulfstream but its fine

1 Like

I think I use a Canon Eos Rebel (I’m not sure though) with a 250mm lens. For the first picture, I was at the Estes on Herman Road, while the rest were on the parking garage

1 Like

Thank You!

1 Like

Corporate jets can be really hard to tell apart sometimes, no worries!

2 Likes

Nice!

I’m going to try and hit the observation deck when my new camera comes in. 😊 should be able to post some topics, so I’m super excited!

1 Like

Yeah. The only reason why I don’t really like the observation deck is because of the DOT building blocking a majority of the view. It’s pretty decent though

1 Like

ohhh. I haven’t thought about that. I haven’t been up there in a few years. I tried going about 6 months ago, but it was closed for covid. Ill have to go up and see what its like.

1 Like

Yeah. I think it is open now

1 Like

Yes! It opened a few weeks ago.

That is iAero airways. It was previously Swift Air. They operate charter flights. Their hubs are KPHX and KMIA. Fun fact: They also fly to KFRG, where you would rarely see any planes bigger than a G650.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.