Spotting at Portland Int'l (KPDX) 9-9-18

This is now my second time spotting, but this time I used a 560mm lens, instead of a 140mm. But sadly I am unable to use that lens again, though I hope to buy it in the future.

Hope you enjoy :D (I might edit this to show more of the good ones I have, but I chose thees as the first ones to post)

Thank you for reading / viewing!

50 Likes

Those are some absolutely amazing pictures! Stunning work!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Oooo I’m loving that southwest livery!!!

2 Likes

I am too :D The eagle one is my favourite.

2 Likes

Great Pictures! I love PDX. From the airport architecture to the stunning views after takeoff. It’s such a beautiful airport and definitely one of a kind! Great place to spot as well! I really hate to be a party pooper, but remember there is a 10 picture limit on #real-world-aviation:spotting. Otherwise great photos! You have so much potential!

Matt

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice, do you suggest I remove some to reach the limit of ten?

Edit: Already did it… Thanks for telling me

2 Likes

Those were really nice photos, great job. I wish I could be as good, but honestly, I am that bad.

2 Likes

It just takes a lot of practice… Those photos took me over an hour to take, you’ll get there! A huge tip is your camera settings and having a monopod or a tripod to keep the camera stable.

2 Likes

Nice shots mate!! Keep up the great work👍✈️

2 Likes

Amazing photos. I love the first Air Canada Dash 8-q400 photo. What camera do you use?

2 Likes

Sony Alpha 6500 is the body, for the lens, all I know is that it is a Sony 400mm zoom with a 1.4mm multiplier, or maybe it was just a 560mm (sorry I don’t know my lenses all that well). Sorry for the late reply.

2 Likes

These are some great shots, man. Am I the only one that finds the Dash-8 to be an aesthetically ugly plane? I know they’re a workhorse, but they sure ain’t pretty! Good work on the spotting!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! About the Dash 8, from most angles it does look really ugly and weird, but it is still a wonderful piece of machinery!

1 Like

Great photos mate! I really like that Alaska 737 (Alaska is one of my favorite all time liveries so I’m kinda bias 😂)

4 Likes

Wow! Nice collection! Did you say that you used a 560mm lens!? Is is a telephoto then?

2 Likes

Great pictures! Can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

Hey @Jeffrey_Varga, those are some great photos! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Is SW keeping that special livery for the past? Btw sweet A330 and dash Q4!

2 Likes

Having been to PDX a couple times, I can say that it is a very, very nice airport. Nice photos! I love that Desert Gold SWA 737

2 Likes