Spotting at Newark except the shutter speeds keep getting progressively more stupid

Hello Community!

Back in June, I visited Newark Airport for the second time to spot there. The first time was back in May, and I was pretty underwhelmed. There are obstructions everywhere, it was cloudy, the distances were really far, and the traffic was essentially just United. I didn’t even make a topic for that because I didn’t really like the photos.

However, this time was different. Newark Airport really comes alive when the sun comes out because it lights up the colorful background of shipping containers and cranes.

The great part of spotting at bigger airports is that there’s so much traffic that you can make some really dumb decisions pertaining to the settings at which you shoot, exemplified below.

1/80

Honestly, I don’t even know if this counts as a pan but there’s a little bit of background movement so I’m throwing it in here.

1/60

Too bad it was cloudy but this is indeed a plane.

1/50

Probably could’ve gone lower but I got scared, oops.

1/40

This is the most Newark shot I’ve ever seen.

1/30

Might want to fix your paint United.

1/25

Taking thirty photos in sequence for just one or two to be sharp, that’s panning life.

1/20

Some sun would be cool. But this is me so I’m not surprised.

1/15

This is probably the best pan I’ve ever done, no Topaz needed.

1/13

Crop sensor problems.

1/10

I didn’t even look at this sequence after I shot it because I was like there’s no way I hit anything.

Check out my Instagram. Or don’t.

@Guxk is still going to comment skill issue.

79 Likes

Great shots waiting to see on Flight radar

1 Like

Ah I’ve stopped uploading to JetPhotos because my style of editing clashes with what they want pretty heavily.

7 Likes

Ok then here is my second comment not enough JetBlue

W airport

Yeah unfortunately the one JetBlue I did shoot I shot at 1/15 and missed but here you go if you like blurry photos:

NO spotting here is a nightmare and flying out of it is even worse.

1 Like

It’s still nick I like it just made it my phone background lol

I have better JetBlue shots if you want to take a look just DM me.

2 Likes

nice shots mr wu

thank mr. jones

2 Likes

I kindly ask that you do not enter the state of New Jersey ever again.

I side with Pingu; W airport. W photos, too.

2 Likes

W person

Trust me, we got the same goal 💀

4 Likes

Those pictures are amazing!

1 Like

Me struggling with 1/80 while you’re doing 1/10

2 Likes

Thanks!!

Trust me I miss 1/80s all the time lol other than the distance and the fact that the window is pretty small so you get off like max 20 shots on full burst this is like ideal condition panning, directly side on and not too fast.

Not going to lie… some of those are actually pretty cool

1 Like

SKILL ISSUE

5 Likes

We all saw it coming a nautical mile away 😂

2 Likes

thanks i try

get here sooner next time

Great shots! Cool that you post the shutter speed for us photographers out there. What kind of lens are you using here?

1 Like