Spotting at Maho Beach (Part one)

Hello all! I just landed last night at about 6 EST from TNCM/SXM, and thus ends the trip of a lifetime. I has been to SXM in 2017 before the hurricane, but this trip included many new experiences and was truly an amazing time.

Not only did I stay at the TWA hotel for the night before our early morning departure, but we managed to grab some extremely discounted tickets to St Barts for the day on a Winair DHC Twin Otter.

I am very excited to be able to share this trip with you guys, and hope you enjoy my photos!

Fair warning: My photos are not that great! Compared to the many spotters on this forum, the quality of my photos does not come close. I am still getting the ropes of photography and editing, and it doesn’t help that uploading images to the IFC really drops the quality. Any feedback is appreciated, and please know that although these photos aren’t amazing I still am very excited to share them with you.

This is part one of many! So far, I have a bunch of spotting topics ready:

• Maho beach part 1 and 2
  • Photos from the observation deck at our hotel (Part 1 and 2)
  • Spotting at St Barts
  • Spotting at JFK (TWA Hotel pool bar).

Don’t worry though, I won’t be bombarding you all with photos! These will come over time, as I feel they should all be shared but not in a short amount of time. After this topic, expect some SXM spotting from the observation deck photos as well (In a day or two).

So lets get down to business!

Photo number one. I’m starting off with one of the worse photos I will show you.
Aircraft: Airbus A330
Airline: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Registration PH-AOF
Route EHAM-TNCM

Photo number two, stepping up the ranks here! This 737 was a great sight, and came in every morning for a nice start to the day.
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Airline: Copa Airlines
Registration HP-1371 CMP
Route MPTO-TNCM

On to number three! Time for some BizJet action.
Aircraft: Dassault Falcon 50
Airline: Operated by Fair Wind Air Charter
Registration N37WX
Route N/A

Número Cuatro; now this airline is a new one for me. I had never heard of it, and am thrilled to be able to share this one with you all.
Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-145LR
Airline: Sky High Aviation Services
Registration HI1052
Route MDSD-TNCM

Number Five. JetBlue is known for having many special liveries, and I was lucky enough to spot JetBlues “Supporting our veterans” livery. This livery commemorates the great things that our Veterans have done for our country, and the sacrifice that they make to keep the peace.
Aircraft: Airbus A320
Airline: JetBlue
Registration N775JB
Route KFLL-TNCM

On to numbah six. A common sight at SXM, but a beautiful aircraft nonetheless!
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Airline: Delta Airlines
Registration N6714Q
RouteKJFK-TNCM

Number 7 here we come! Some more bizjet action - woohoo!
Aircraft: Gulfstream 5
Airline: N/A
Registration N/A
Route N/A

On to number 8: An awesome aircraft!
Aircraft: Cessna 208
Airline: FedEx Feeder
Registration N764FE
RouteTJSJ-TNCM
MAHO10

On to number nine, the second to last photo! This catch was a great one! A silly looking aircraft.
Aircraft: Fairchild SA227 Expediter
Airline: Ameriflight
Registration N247DH
Route TJSJ-TNCM
MAHO8

And finally, the tenth photo. I only got to see this aircraft once, so I had to make it count. Luckily, I got an (In my opinion) amazing photo when it mattered!
Aircraft: Airbus A340
Airline: Air France (Joon)
Registration F-GLZP
Route LFPG-TNCM
MAHO7

Thank you all so much for viewing my photos! I know they aren’t the best but I still hope you enjoy them. Some more SXM spotting topics will come in the future (And they will include more of the Island Hopper Traffic!)

Also, a JFK spotting topic will come as well (as I said above). I caught some pretty cool special liveries that day.

Anyways, I’ll stop rambling on. Once again I hope you enjoy!

25 Likes

dang those are some hot pics. 😍

2 Likes

I saw this plane come over my head into JFK yesterday! Great photos @Will_A

2 Likes

Wow! Such nice pictures 👍😍I love all of them and can’t even decide. I am happy that you were keeping distance from Runway. Must have been difficult 😂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.