Spotting at KLAX #1

Hey everyone!
For my birthday, I got a Panasonic LUMIX camera about a month and a half ago. Today, I finally had the chance to spot with it! The pictures were taken from Imperial Hill. I also go to see the 737 MAX, which I had never seen before!

Here is the control tower and the theme tower. This is a Copa 737-800 taxiing to the United maintenance area. When we were heading to the hill, I saw this parked in front of the Flight Path Museum, so I asked my mom if we can quickly go in the parking lot so I could get a picture.😂 This is a China Airlines Cargo 747-400f departing. Here is the beautiful Qatar Airways 777-200lr heading to Doha! The awesome Southwest 737 max8, First time seeing the 737max! Great Lakes Airways Beechcraft!image ZK-OKQ 😎image United A320 quick departure.image United express Crj-200! UA 757-200 out! British Airways 787-9 in LA! Tail shots of the Tom Bradley International terminal.

That’s concluded my pictures everyone, thank you so much for viewing! Check out my new Aviation Instagram account!
https://www.instagram.com/coles_aviation_adventures/?hl=en

29 Likes

Those are beautiful pictures.

1 Like

These are really cool pictures! Nice job :)

1 Like

I really think this is awesome and nice pictures! If you wanna take a step forward you should try to edit them and make them more cleaner but overall I LOVE IT!

1 Like

The BA 787-9 was actually advertised as a 747 but I believe because of low popularity they reduced it down to one A380 and the 787 instead of the A380 and the 747.

1 Like

It’s something called winter service. Airlines usually downgrade long haul flights that usually don’t get a lot of demand in the winter. Example: IAH-CDG is usually a 777-300ER but in the winter we are downgraded to a A330-200.

2 Likes

For the last one the tails in order from rear to front:
BA 747
BA 787
AIR CHINA 777
NORWEGIAN 787
LUFTHANSA 747
SWISS 777
ASIANA A380

1 Like

I understand that but they had a 747 planned to serve it not a 787, It was planned as a 747 since February then changed to a 787 FOR THE SAME FLIGHT NUMBER and route.

747s are very prone to maintenance. Probably last minute equipment swap.

2 Likes

Yeah but all the flights for the rest of the year that were supposed to be 747’s are now 787’s.

That Atlas Air one is a gem 😍

1 Like

Around sunset time is a really good spotting time. Gotta say though LAX doesn’t disappoint when it comes to international carriers variety!

1 Like

Nice shots @Cole_Collins, really like those heavies ;)

1 Like

Lovely All Black ANZ 77W there. LAX has such good variety of airplanes… I wish I had that here at SCEL.

1 Like

Awesome picture of the Atlas Air! My ski instructors friend is a captain on one of those 747’s.

1 Like

Awesome! LOVE the British Airways 787

1 Like

Where did you spot at KLAX? I heard of Clutter’s Park but I’m unsure right now. I plan on spotting sometime this weekend.

1 Like

Yep, it was Clutter Park. LAX park isn’t a great spot if you want to get some landings caught.

I used to live in LA, so shoot me a pm if anyone needs spotting advice.

Thanks, I’m bringing a telephoto lens. So I should get some 24R landings possibly, and 24L departures.