Spotting at JFK

Hello all! Over the past weekend I went spotting (for the first time) at JFK. It was awesome! I just thought I’d share some with all of you.

Here we have a jetBlue a320 starting its taxi to 22R.
Here’s a jetBlue E190 taxiing to the gate.
This one is a bit blurry, but it’s an American 777 that just departed from 22R
Here’s a Delta 737 touching down on 22R.
Here’s a British Airways 744 touching down on 22L from Heathrow.
So not only do we have a Qatar a35K taxiing in this image, but we have jetBlue’s second a321 neo! Here is a Qatar a35K on its way to Doha.
Here we have an Emirates a380 coming down from Dubai.
Here’s a Delta a320 seconds from touching down on 22R.
Here we have an Uzbekistan 787 taxiing to the gate. And finally we have a Virgin Atlantic a35K waiting to cross 22R.
Thanks for stopping by!

61 Likes

Great photos! What camera do you use?

2 Likes

Nice variety of traffic, JFK is always great for that 👍

1 Like

A Nikon D5100. I’m planning on upgrading soon.

1 Like

Great photos! It’s my favorite airport! Are from the JFK area?

1 Like

First off, AWESOME pics!!

Secondly, I wanted to point out you might have missed the shiny, brand new, second jetBlue A321Neo delivery N2016J in the first pic of the Qatar A35K taxiing!

1 Like

I’m in New Jersey. Closer to Newark.

1 Like

I totally missed that. Lol.

1 Like

Damm! Virgin Atlantic’s livery on the A35K is amazing! Great shots!

2 Likes

Notice the difference in the doors/exits on the Neo and the Ceo behind it?

1 Like

A British Airways 747, you mean.

Great photos by the way!

1 Like

No, 744 is an abbreviation of 747-400

1 Like

Ah, my hometown airport. A lot of people hate JFK because it’s chaotic, and the terminals are separated…I love it, and love being there.

Awesome photos! Caught the Virgin A35K when I was there a few weeks ago, along with the El Al retro 787 and a few other cool aircraft. Always a good mix of stuff there. Thanks again for the photos!

Also, in the photo with the Virgin, it looks like there’s a 737-700BBJ. Wonder what that’s there for. It definitely is NOT cheap to park a jet at JFK!

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the BBJ, too. I wondered about it. As chaotic as JFK is, we avgeeks love it because of all the planes.

1 Like

Did the 777 start bobbing up and down after takeoff? Or does that only happen on IF? :()

Oh thanks for the info!

1 Like

Upgrading to what?

I’m planning on moving to a D7500 with a 70-300 mm Sigma lens.

The camera wouldn’t focus on the plane because it was too far away. I didn’t even know this happened in IF.

1 Like

Wow these are great pics! Love the Emirates A380 pic. I think that is flight EK 201, which I’ve flown on before.

1 Like