Spotting at Dobbins Air Reserve Base (KMGE) (F22’s and C130’s)

Hi everyone! Thanks for coming to my new spotting topic! If you live in North Georgia I’m sure you knew about the C130 flyover this evening. I decided to go watch the take offs and landings but I got so much more! I was heading thinking I would only see the C130’s however the evening kicked off with two F22’s with full afterburners. These aircraft were about 50-75 feet above my head and pulled vertical directly above me. That moment was the best and craziest moment of my life. Then came the C130’s! Those flew around the route for 40 minutes and returned to do some cargo dropping practice! Tonight was great and sure did make up for some of the stuff I would be missing at Oshkosh. Thanks for stopping by and if you want to use my photos please contact me for permission first!

19 Likes

And I thought the F-22’s at Oshkosh we’re loud! 😂

Also, you got some great photos of the C-130’s, must’ve been doom to see them flying overhead like that, I’ve only ever seen them doing takeoffs and landings, and on static display.

1 Like

Ah. Nothing wrong with the four fans of freedom

2 Likes

Ahhh. Absolutely wonderful aircraft. Such a sight for sore eyes. Great pictures!

1 Like

That was exactly what I said. At Oshkosh I said I can’t imagine it getting louder than that but today my heart stopped. That was the craziest thing. There were quite a few people there at the time and the F22s knocked a pacifier out of a baby’s mouth from the force. I will never forget that moment
Edit The F22 not the pacifier 😂

1 Like

🇺🇸 Yessir!! 🇺🇸

1 Like

It’s a remarkable aircraft, thanks for checking out my photos!

Amazing! That C130 looked absolutely beautiful…

2 Likes

It was, thanks for stopping by!

2 Likes

Yay! Jackson’s spotting topics are back!

1 Like

Haha yeah! Got a few that will be coming soon and I’ll be making my way down to Hartsfield on June 2nd to catch the MD88/90 retirement flight landings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.