Spotting at CLT

Hello, Last Sunday I went spotting at CLT for the first time in months. I got some decent pictures. They were using the 36 runways for departures and arrivals so I did not get any landing pictures. Hope you enjoy.

First,we have a Southwest 737

Next, we have a Delta 717 pulling into the gate.

United ERJ departing runway 36C

American 737 departing runway 36C

United ERJ new livery departing 36C

American Eagle CRJ departing 36R

Finally, we have an American 737 departing runway 36C

Thats all the decent pictures I got. This is only my second time going spotting with my camera so I hope I improve a bit more. Tell me what you think of the pictures and what I can improve.

24 Likes

Those pictures are amazing!

The second one is gold!

keep it up!

1 Like

To improve, I would clean the lens, as I see a few dust spots :)

2 Likes

Thanks! Also what do you recommend to clean the lens? Like a microfiber cloth?

Microfiber and breath is what I use, but you can also blow on it if it’s a crumb or something 3D

1 Like

If the dust is inside the lens absolutely do not use a microfiber cloth, and 100% don’t breathe into it, you need like special stuff for that. If it’s on the outside of the front element go for it.

2 Likes

Yeah I was gonna say, that’s like exactly what you shouldn’t do because it will actually just smudge
your lease even more.

2 Likes

even on the outside?

I do it all the time :/

1 Like

my camera screaming in pain in the background

1 Like

Ohhh yeah on the outside it is ok man, I thought you were gonna go inside the lens and breath inside the lens and stick a cloth inside it hahahaha. Sorry about that

2 Likes

EEEW no not inside

rubs finger on mirror

1 Like

rubs Cheeto dust on mirror giving the photos an Orange tint

2 Likes

puts vaseline on lens to make a filter

2 Likes

(Might be a little off topic)

But why do AA737-800 have the red at the top Of the winglet?

Nice pictures! I wish I could go spotting

1 Like

Nice I go plane spotting at CLT a lot.

1 Like

It has something to do with maintenance checks.

2 Likes

@TylerShah like he said probably has something to do with maintenance checks. I saw a lot of activity around the AA hanger
@southwest737 thanks!
@AndrewWu I think it’s just some dust outside of the lens. I rarely remove the lens from the camera.

1 Like

That sums up all the traffic we get rn. AA RJ’s, A32s and 738s along with DL UA and LCCs. I have no reason to spot because of how boring things are rn lol. Keep spotting to get more acquainted to DSLRs

1 Like

Daily CLT traffic: CRJ, CRJ, 737, CRJ, ERJ, A320, 737, CRJ, ERJ, ERJ, 717, ERJ, 737, CRJ, CRJ, A320, ERJ.

Nevertheless, great photos, @Pertonics! At least there are planes at KCLT! 😂

1 Like

@Pilot_urp yeah I just wanted to get out of the house and go do something. Not much so I did not stay long but glad I went.
@Butter_Boi thanks, besides the international traffic I don’t think much has changed. Hope to get the international traffic back soon though

1 Like