Spotting at Bristol Int'l Airport 29/06/17

Before I leave the UK in 2 months, I’m trying to spot at all the major airports. I’ve added Heathrow, Gatwick and Luton to the list so far this year, and now it was time to return to Bristol!

As Runway 27 was in use, I headed to Felton Common to catch some arrivals first. I apologise for the ridiculously bad British weather, it has made some of my shots quite grainy. Btw I was using a new lens (sort of), the EF 70-200mm f4L instead of the f2.8L that I usually use. Sharpness is still incredible but AF seemed a little slower. Same camera body as usual, EOS 700D

Freebird Airlines Airbus A320-232 TC-FHE arriving from Bodrum as FHY613. This is a once weekly service!

easyJet Airbus A320-214 G-EZTZ arriving from Palma de Mallorca as EZY6040

TUI Airlines UK Boeing 737-8K5(WL) G-TAWM arriving from Ibiza as TOM4LM

Aurigny Air Service ATR 72-500 G-COBO arriving from Guernsey as AUR42D

Interesting registration! Aer Lingus ATR 72-600 EI-FAT arriving from Dublin as STK82DR (operated by Stobart Air)

Of course Ryanair made an appearance, with Boeing 737-8AS(WL) EI-EBO arriving from Girona as RYR8HN

Close up with easyJet Airbus A319-111 G-EZAP, arriving from Glasgow as EZY379M

Another closeup, this time with easyJet Airbus A319-111 G-EZDE, arriving from Faro as EZY18KJ

Loving the new style winglets on KLM Cityhopper Embraer ERJ-175STD (ERJ-170-200) PH-EXH, arriving from Amsterdam as KLM 1051

TUI Airlines UK Boeing 757-204(WL) G-BYAY arriving from Dubrovnik as TOM84G

Thomas Cook Airlines Airbus A321-211(WL) G-TCDH arriving from Zakynthos as TCX23AR

Next, I headed to a different spotting location, Winters Lane, to catch some departures! You can usually shoot through the perimeter fence, but using a step ladder allows a clear view onto the runway at certain areas.

easyJet Airbus A320-214(WL) G-EZPX departing to Mahon as EZY21PB

easyJet Airbus A319-111 G-EZDE departing to Bilbao as EZY21AV

Thomas Cook Airlines Airbus A321-211 G-TCDW arriving from Luqa as TCX45PC

KLM Cityhopper Embraer ERJ-175STD (ERJ-170-200) PH-EXH departing back to Amsterdam as KLM1052

TUI Airlines UK Boeing 737-8K5(WL) G-TAWM departing to Las Palmas as TOM3HL

DOUBLE BEACON Thomas Cook Airlines Airbus A321-211(WL) G-TCDH departing to Lanzarote as TCX68XF

Eastern Airways Embraer ERJ-145MP G-CHMR departing to Toulouse as EZE1763, a charter for Airbus employees!

Ryanair Boeing 737-8AS(WL) EI-DYF arriving from Tenerife as RYR8SP. Anyone know matthepilot737? He was at BRS to fly this aircraft after it’s turnaround!

TUI Airlines UK Boeing 757-204(WL) G-BYAY departing to Heraklion as TOM9YL

Thomas Cook Airlines Airbus A321-211 G-TCDW departing to Las Palmas as TCX27GA

And that’s all folks! Unfortunately Bristol doesn’t have incredible variety, but this was a very good trip!

If you want to check out any more of my pictures, have a look at my Instagram account:

27 Likes

The photos near the end are beautiful with the clouds and all. Double beacon (nice timing!) and close ups were great too!

Nice find, are they regulars to the airport?

3 Likes

The factory in Filton is quite important for R&D so yes it’s regular. Charter with BMi usually straightto Toulouse.

3 Likes

I love BRS! Went their for the Bristol Balloon Fiesta! The airport design is actually quite cool!

Now your pictures remind me of Bristol and the fun of that airport! im loving the KLM Cityhopper!

From your USA Friend

• Jack

Coming again this year for it? I never go to I instead I usually see the balloons while driving around. They can be seen from most places.

Not this year… But in 2 years I will and ill probably be flying in it!

1 Like

Awesome photos xD

I really like the easyjet closeups ;)

Thanks! It’s a daily flight that I thought was operated by Germania, but I’m not surprised Eastern sometimes fly it. @Chatta290, never knew that BMI operated it?

1 Like

Oh that’s pretty cool! Thank you, I was glad to see the new E175 winglets and livery! Surprisingly, I’ve always been told that BRS is a horrible airport on the inside?

1 Like

The picture of the KLM ERJ looks awesome. Nice photos

1 Like

Cheers mate. I always find those sort of shots hardest to edit, so I’m glad you like them :)

BRS is going through renovations but it looks nice!

Most of the refurbishment is done I believe now.

1 Like

Those pics are really good. Mind if I use some as my background?

Sure, feel free to use them! If you need them for other purposes, please credit me ;)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.