Spotting at AKL International

Here’s a few shots from yesterday. Akl has some good spotting locations :p

31 Likes

Nice shots, cracking variety of aircraft. Well done👏👏

2 Likes

Thanks :) I’d love to spend like a whole day spotting in AKl by the time I arrived yesterday (8:30 am) there were already a few Asian carrier’s who had left

2 Likes

Dang, that 787 wingflex is amazing 😍.

4 Likes

I will be flying into NZAA this November, while I will probably be dead during those 2 hours for my layover I want to try and get some shots.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

P.S.- edited the title a bit just to attract more enthusiasts.

1 Like

Cool shots you got there! My favorite is the Qatar 777 with the Emirates and New Zealand tail in the background. Where specifically were you spotting from, a parking lot, or a road, or inside the airport?

1 Like

Got the new Qantas A330 have not seen that one at Auckland yet

1 Like

Wow they are amazing! Love them and NZ

2 Likes

Yeah just a parking lot. Its probably the best spot in AKL as far as I’m concerned and its like 2 minutes walk from the terminal so that always helps.

@Kevin_Potthast see above ^ this spot is like 10 mins walk from the Intl Terminal. If you can be bothered going through customs etc I’d for sure check it out. Actually now I think of it there is a viewing area where the 380’s park. Its through glass… But its still airside

2 Likes

When I go there I think I will just stay in the international terminal, too much to risk.

1 Like

Beautiful Shots, Amazing Variety!!! Even though I don’t live their my parents took some pictures of some aircraft…

The pictures aren’t the best but my parents couldn’t care less 😂

4 Likes

The wing flex on the AA 787 is insane!!!

1 Like

Awesome being able to catch the UPS freighter. I would have loved to have caught the FedEx MD11 but she wasn’t in yesterday.

The AA wing flex is pretty impressive indeed

Great pictures. I love them!!

1 Like

Amazing. Love the QA A330.

2 Likes

Air New Zealand Dash-8 is 😱😱😱 Amazing!! 🤙

No Dash 8’s above :p but here’s one :p 20170805150921__MG_8349~2

The Dash 8 above and ATR in the original post are in the old livery, here’s an atr in the current livery20170805153354__MG_8393~2

6 Likes

Great photos the flex on tha 787 is redonculois

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.