Spotting again at CLT

A variety of aircraft grounded on the ramp at CLT :(

An American “AirCal” saying goodbye to head to Fort Myers, FL. It is now back in CLT.

A Southwest Boing 737 taxiing to the stand.

Can you find the special visitor? Bonus points for naming the aircraft type and where it came from. This one should be insanely easy, because it’s American

33 Likes

Saw it on FR24. I wonder if there isn’t enough room at the graveyards as well as DFW, MIA, and LAX for some aircraft to be stored

Nice pictures! I’m assuming the special aircraft is N761AJ, the 772 which flew in from Miami?

1 Like

Ding ding ding you are correct!

1 Like

I think this one is here till this pandemic passes.

Well, yeah, what else would a772 be doing in Charlotte during this time. Hopefully she’s a common sight in the future even though I highly doubt it

I heard AA is retiring the A330’s early to make room for these.

Nice shot of AirCal retro. I worked that plane way back in October when it diverted due to weather in DFW

2 Likes

Now the AirCal and the 777 are some great finds for CLT! Nice work!

It’s over at the Maintenance Hangar if you go out there. Level 7 of the Deck is closed.

1 Like

N761AJ which came in from Miami (MIA) as AA9643 about 30 hours ago (?) and @GlobalFlyer1 already got ihr hours ago as I’ve just seen…

Great pictures too, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Not a problem.

1 Like

Amazing spots! I have flown through CLT once and I am very impressed with all the aircraft I saw along with the areas that are good for planespotting. I got to see the New England Patriots plane. Question, do aircraft get repainted in Charlotte sometimes?

1 Like

I would assume so inside the maintenance hangar.

1 Like

Amazing photos. I’m trying to get out and go do some spotting, might some day soon.

Nice Photos!

I saw that very same plane (the patriots one) when I went to CLT back in early March.

1 Like

Friendly warning the roof of the deck is closed

1 Like

AA’s rumored to have sent this one 777-200ER to CLT for crew familiarization purposes, meaning there’s a strong chance Charlotte could see the aircraft in the future. Considering AA is retiring the A330-300s, it would make sense to see the 772 operate routes such as LHR-CLT as a replacement.

2 Likes

Love all the American

1 Like