Spotted your own plane while flying

Has anyone ever spotted there own plane while flying with the plane wifi? I would love to do this!

Provided if the airline’s IFE doesn’t show it? Haha

2 Likes

What airline is that?

Nah I’m just saying hahaha that’s why the “Provided if the” statement is there ;)

2 Likes

That’s Turkish, JetBlue, and I believe Singapore, to name a few.

1 Like

Oh I see a bit tired sorry about that!

Yeah my friend had wifi on an emirates 777 the other day and he could have done it but he knows nothing about planes! Awesome to do that!

Does it count if someone else has spotted your plane?

When I was coming back to JFK from Iran, @Patrick_U spotted my plane.

1 Like

No worries!

Well @Bryan_Ang just flew back from Bangkok on 9V-SRJ and from what I can see, the B772 he was on has the IFE which displayed the ground speed and all the information (I think)

I can’t really remember, I’ll see if he sees this post and then he can answer haha

Nice need to get myself on a plane with wifi!

Yes, I have and its really fun!

On the 8th of October 2015.

2 Likes

I honestly read the title and thought you were asking if you had spotted your aircraft taking off (from outside) while you were on it😂. Anyway, I haven’t!

6 Likes

Hahaha how do you even do that LOL

In a parallel universe maybe? xD

I might of saw your plane. Did it take off in the evening?

No. As you can see in the pic

1 Like

Yep, Flew Norweigan last summer, they have wifi - That was very fun and interesting!

1 Like

I’ve only flown on airlines where wifi is payed for and for the sake of wifi for 10 hrs max I’m too much of a cheapskate to pay for it.

2 Likes

When i flew from Amsterdam to Dubai on Emirates (A380). But the internet connection was very slow.

1 Like

Yes and IRL, not on a flight tracker ;)

2 Likes

Usually just on approach. May be a bit naughty and take it off flight mode for a minute just to see the speed/altitude.

2 Likes