Spoilers

With spoilers, I wanted armed to be used in air for slowing down faster. Please put this in as a feature

That’s what we have flight spoilers for. This request isnt needed.

3 Likes

I’m saying the armed spoilers should come up, the flight spoilers don’t slow you down fast enough

it’s not realistic. Armed spoilers only deploy when aircraft is on ground.

1 Like

In real life, to my knowledge, this isn’t possible.

Pilots have flight spoilers, to deploy if they need to lose speed while in the air. That’s why they’re called “flight” spoilers.

Armed spoilers are different - when the main gears touch down on the runway, and the spoilers are armed, actuators go off that send the spoilers all the way up for a quicker loss of speed.

Armed spoilers do not deploy midair.

9 Likes

Wouldn’t the spoilers if armed mid-flight make them break off?

I feel like that the speed is too high and with force the plane is moving forward they be at least dented and damaged severely, hence why flaps aren’t deployed until lower speeds…

4 Likes

Oh also wanted to put in. When I touch down, I’m not able to use reverse thrust with the Xbox controller

Yeah, every control surface of a plane has its speed limitations, including spoilers. If “armed” spoilers came up mid flight in a real flight, I’m sure they’d be significantly damaged.

2 Likes

you playing IF on an xbox? Man gotta get an iPad or somethin, it’s a mobile simulator.

3 Likes

Mobile using an Xbox controller.

I am on IOS 13 beta 3

Is this a feature request or a support topic?

Armed spoilers do not deploy midair.

Honestly, I didn’t even know an Xbox controller worked with a mobile device and Infinite Flight. Maybe it doesn’t, seeing how you’re having issues with it.

1 Like

You like being redundant? Why can’t you just be simple and use the ipad’s built in accelerometers?

IOS 13 allows you to use controllers now

And I’m not being redundant, it’s just easier so I use full flaps easier

Seeing how iOS 13 is still in the beta testing stage, I’m sure that the use of controllers isn’t fully optimized. Do remember that until the official iOS 13 comes out, no apps will be completely compatible with it, including Infinite Flight.

Once the “real” iOS 13 comes out, I’m sure we’ll see optimization from all apps including IF, and maybe the addition of controller inputs.

I think it’s easier though

Take a look at this:

1 Like

Just because it’s “easier” doesn’t mean it’s 1) actually easier or 2) realistic. No real aircraft would deploy their full flaps at 300+KIAS.

I recommend learning some proper procedures about descent and the loss of speed. I’m sure you’ll find it much easier than having to fight with the aircraft as it wants to pitch up with full flaps at high speeds.

Here’s a tutorial on descent:

1 Like

I deploy flaps at 140kts before landing at around 15NM away