Spoilerons

Hi everyone, I was just thinking, spoilerons (spoiler and aileron mix) in infinite flight would be great feature to the already realistic flight simulator.
Spoilerons are the things you notice popping up and down on approach as the control stick turning left or right exceeds a certain point. I think this feature would add an extra few updates before other mobile flight sims to catch up to IF.

20 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah but a million miles behind it.

3 Likes

It’s already in the game just on the 767

That’s flaperons.

1 Like

Oh so what are spoilerons then?

2 Likes

Can’t show a picture, but you know spoilers, well it’s the spoilers acting as ailerons

1 Like

Ohhhh I know what your talking about now

One of the greatest failings in the aircraft flight is lack of moving parts. Even on climb out at low speed spoilers become a control area for the aircraft. Would be great for the addition of speedbrakes that act independently.

4 Likes

Not just on/off.

1 Like

Haha, ever looked out the window when you fly? They usually bash up and down like no ones business. Especially when its windy out.

1 Like

They are controlled by the plane’s computer. They break the lift which brings that wing back down. This all happens very quickly. They help keep the plane flying stable in windy conditions.

Changing the coding for the spoilers to work as ailerons would most likely require a good amount of work for each plane. I believe in the current config, all the spoilers are tied to 1 animation. In order to make this effect realistic you’d need to split them up into at least 4-6 animations because first off you need to have each wing separate, still act as straight up speed brakes, but then also have an animation for the alerion linked motion because it’s normally just the outboard spoilers and they move differently compared compared to the speed brake function.

Yeh, and…

1 Like

If this feature were to be implemented it would most likely be on future aircraft only.

1 Like

Would be a fantastic addition, especially if they could split then into three separate spoilers.

1 Like

If you fly in the default 737 on FSX, you will see it is highly noticeable in third person view.

1 Like