Spoiler Issue

What’s wrong with the spoilers??? After I stow the reversers, the spoilers come flying down too. First, they would automatically stow at 40kts. Now, they automatically unarm when you stow the reversers at 70kts or below. What is going on?

3 Likes

Yes, as the new auto-brake and spoiler system was entirely reworked, there are some changes done now and then.
Do not worry, it is not an “issue”.

1 Like

This whole spoiler change they’ve done is just so annoying

1 Like

So what? Be happy they’re at least trying something to satisfy their customers smh

The new spoiler system is very unrealistic, they don’t automatically go down

1 Like

Based on what facts? Because numerous real world (not simulator) pilots says otherwise:

8 Likes

@Mathurin_Garcier There is DEFINITELY an issue and it needs to be fixed ASAP

@champagnepapi VERY annoying. I would just like to land and manually control the spoilers. The auto brakes don’t bother me anymore, it’s just the darn spoilers that mess up the whole landing 🤦🏾‍♂️

@Jw2004 I am always appreciative for the work that our developers do, but let’s be real… there has been a nuisance in pretty much every recent update. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again—I think that until additions to the sim are completely carried out, they can hold off on them.

@FLIGHT2 I wouldn’t say completely, but they definitely could be better

@schyllberg I’ve read that before, and what I will say is that I can see the vision, but I would rather the spoilers go back to how they used to be until they are accurate 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 Likes

The purpose of spoilers is to spoil the lift when the wheels touch down so that braking action is most effective. Spoiling the lift is only needed while the aircraft is still at a high enough speed for lift generation to be an issue. 70kts is a realistic speed for retraction.

1 Like

I agree with everything that you say. I think they should go back to the way they were. It just seems and gives the feeling that pilots are more in control of their planes and can be free to do whatever they choose with the workings of the aircraft.

2 Likes

Agreed. i loved when pushing back and starting engines 1 & 2 arming spoilers for testing

2 Likes

Yes but most of the time in real life the spoilers are retracted after the plane has exited the runway. Rarely do the spoilers ever retract when the plane is going at that speed.

I really wish we as a community would just collectively agree that the spoiler function right now is flawed and needs a fix instead of getting into heated debates about it.

2 Likes

I mean, I agree 100%
I dont think its us that need to admit it, its the devs

2 Likes

That is exactly what you get when you have an impatient and rude community throwing every insult in the book at you because your are not “fast” enough with the release of updates! It’s a decision that the Devs have to make: satisfy the community by pushing the update but it having some (often minor) bugs, or continue taking insults and making everything perfect! You will find bugs at any given update by any given developer, it’s just the way it is! You gratuity is anything but noticeable!

3 Likes

WE arent being rude at all, just stating the facts as we see them based on what actually happens in real life

1 Like

Y’all are not rude, just ungrateful. With the “rude” community I was referring to every single person continuously complaining that updates are taking too long.

I agree with this, it’s kinda sad the increase of people being ungrateful there is within the IFC, I think people struggle to realize how much work and effort is put into this sim, I said this in another topic earlier, but as an example, we get an update every month, and I would say these updates are pretty high quality, especially considering this is a mobile flight sim. Maybe people should start to recognize the work that’s being put into this sim, and not the fact that you can’t look at your spoilers lower and raise in the exact moment that you want them to. Focus on the positive, not the negative

2 Likes

I have literally nothing to add to this! Like I understand you pay quite a bit for the sim, but you definitely get something in return!

1 Like

Check out the following at 8min 47sec. This airline pilot states manual operation of spoilers is so rare he couldn’t find a current example of the operation not being automatic (though he says such aircraft are still out there somewhere):

As for heated debates. I don’t have interest other than to seek the truth as best as possible. I’m absolutely intent on being respectful of other’s opinions but will disagree when I think there is mistaken information.

And I’m more than happy to change my mind when shown I’ve made a mistake or I have not understood something.

edit: but as a self honesty check, I searched for a case to inspect how long spoilers are extended after touch down. Indeed at about 1min 50sec the following aircraft is leaving the runway with spoilers still extended: Aircraft Approach & Landing in 4K! | Watch Flaps and Ground Spoilers Extension | - YouTube

Yet separately on Quora I found an a320 pilot state: “Once the airplane has slowed down to an appropriate speed, the spoilers are of no use, so, they get retracted to their natural resting position. This also prevents unnecessary damage to the spoiler surfaces as its contact time with the air is reduced.”

6 Likes

I believe Seb linked the appropriate reasoning already