Split Scimitars On/Off Button

Basically this lets people choose if they want split Scimitars or not on their plane as some airlines still have 737’s with and without split Scimitars.

Thats what it could look like. I think that this feature is pretty convenient.

We don’t even know which planes will have them yet. They aren’t just gonna put them on all of them.

6 Likes

They MIGHT put them on all of them which would make sense unless they don’t use the American Airlines example.

2 Likes

Some of the Alaska Airline jets don’t use them also

3 Likes

This On/off button would be cool for airlines like United, Delta, Southwest, Aeromexico, Sun Country, and probably many more airlines around the world that still havent fully worked the Scimitars into their fleet.

7 Likes

Don’t forget vote for your own feature request

4 Likes

I’m sorry, but at the present time, I do not believe this is a viable feature. There are way to many other things that I would like see happen before this. These haven’t even been fully worked into the commercial airline fleet and it will take years before it is. I’m sorry, but I’m saving my vote.

4 Likes

I think, that already having the B738 re-work on the to-do list, FDS might concentrate on that instead of adding a new 737 version. We recently had the A320 Family “Re-work”, why not the 737 Family one?.
Other option is (for me), to add this Split-Scimitars Winglets when the 737 Family re-work is done, if it is done someday.

1 Like

This feature doesn’t seem very hard to add, even though it may be wrong. I think this is an easy addition.

1 Like

Please elaborate on your point…

1 Like

I like to think that the devs will use discretion handling this. I do not think this is viable. I think the devs will do it like they did with the A320 family and Sharklets. Some liveries have it and some don’t. The AA won’t have Splits, while the United probably will.

1 Like

Tru, would also be cool for the A320 family but thats a different feature request. I still think it would be cool so we dont always have to use the same winglet structure everytime.

3 Likes

I like this idea very much! For example 30 of Delta’s 737-900ER planes have the blended winglets & the rest of them have the scimitar winglets.
Source:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1690000-official-delta-b737-800-900-mods-thread-26.html

So this would absolutely be an awesome feature.

However, I would like a staff member of infinite flight to please comment if this a possibility (possibility as in not a very difficult feature to add, not as in possibility of it’ll probably be implemented)

There would need to be different registrations though (since it’d be two different planes)

5 Likes

I was thinking of the same thing for the A320 to switch between the sharklet and winglet

5 Likes

Would be cool with winglets on 320 for air New Zealand planes. (All international 320 don’t have winglets so cant do realistic with them)

Maybe this feature request could be extended to winglets as well?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone saw this https://www.instagram.com/p/Blam5qeHkgK/?hl=en&taken-by=infiniteflight

2 Likes

To me, if you were to add this on and off button for the split scimitars, then you should most likely add it for the A320 family between regular winglets or sharklets. So sorry, but going to save my vote.

4 Likes

I would assume the split winglets will be done based on if the real registration has them or not.

4 Likes

I think it would just make more sense to have two of the same plane/livery, one having blended winglets, and one with the SSW. The difference would be denoted when you select the plane (similar to frontier A320 liveries)
(Also off topic but I’d love to see the same feature be implemented for winglets and engine options on future reworks) anyways back on topic…

3 Likes

Basically my Idea would make it so you dont have to have two of the same airlines, especially if its just the difference in winglets

2 Likes