Spitfire and C-17 cockpit view!

Hi everyone! So as most of you know, update 20.2 has officially been released to the public today. I had a blast testing the beta, but I am even more excited for the final build!

We all know that the main feature of this update is the reworked 777-300ER, 777-200LR, and 777F. However, Infinite Flight has also added the “locked free cam” which allows you to place your free camera at any place around the aircraft and it will stay there for the duration of the flight, unlike teh normal free camera which will not follow your aircraft.

In Infinite Flight, there are two aircraft that do not have a cockpit view. Those are the Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII and the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. Today I had an idea, and that was what if I place the locked free camera inside these aircraft’s cockpit? Will it act like the normal cockpit view? Lo and behold, the answer is yes! (with the exception of cockpit rattle) As I expected, neither of these aircraft’s cockpits look stunning, to say the least, but they are there, they exist, and from now on, we can fly the Spitfire and the C-17 with cockpit views.

Here are some videos I took of both aircraft’s “cockpit view” upon landing:

C-17:

Spitfire:

Flight info:
Server: Solo
Aircraft: Boeing C-17 Globemaster III and Supermarine Spitfire Mk VIII

Please excuse my terrible landings because I really have barely flown these aircraft in the sim.

Have a nice day everyone!

6 Likes

That’s creativity at its finest right there. Genius

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed :)

1 Like

@Captain-787 after using a drone camera to make a new cockpit view:

I’ll be sure to try this out myself!

2 Likes

Everyone is not having trouble viewing the videos, right? This is my first time using google drive to I just want to make sure.

Genius!

I’m doing this, it’s gonna help me so much in WWII dogfights!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie maybe it’s better if we don’t have a cockpit view for these aircraft image

2 Likes

Yeah the C-17 cockpit is without a doubt worst in the game. But for the Spitfire, I would compare it to the P-38 or the FA-18, which is usable

1 Like