Spirit Airlines Announces Miami Service With 30 New Routes

Spirit Airlines Announces Miami Service With 30 New Routes

Spirit Airlines will add a whole load of new destinations from a new city of Miami, Florida. They will also do this without cutting any frequencies or routes from its nearby Fort Lauderdale hub, with its main office in Miramar, Florida.

They have maintained a steady hub in Fort Lauderdale, without needing to expand to Miami for the last 15 years or so, so it is very surprised to see them do this expansion, as they are a budget carrier and don’t always want to spend the money to fly to airports like Miami. However, with this ambitious expansion, I think they will do surprisingly well as they will be almost guaranteed the cheapest fare out of Miami, since they are notoriously cheap, with fates sometimes as low as $20.

The full list is below.

Destination Flights Available Start Date
Atlantic City (ACY) Daily Oct. 6
Atlanta (ATL) Daily Oct. 6
Baltimore (BWI) Daily Oct. 6
Bogota (BOG) Daily Oct. 6
Guatemala City (GUA) 4x per week Oct. 6
Medellin (MDE) Daily Oct. 6
Newark (EWR) Daily Oct. 6
Port-au-Prince (PAP) Daily Oct. 6
Santo Domingo (SDQ) Daily Oct. 6
San Salvador (SAL) 3x per week Oct. 7
Barranquilla (BAQ) Daily Nov. 17
Boston (BOS) Daily Nov. 17
Cali (CLO) Daily Nov. 17
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Daily Nov. 17
Cleveland (CLE) Daily Nov. 17
Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) Daily Nov. 17
Denver (DEN) Daily Nov. 17
Detroit (DTW) Daily Nov. 17
Hartford-Bradley (BDL) Daily Nov. 17
Houston Intercontinental (IAH) Daily Nov. 17
Las Vegas (LAS) Daily Nov. 17
Myrtle Beach (MYR) Daily Nov. 17
New York LaGuardia (LGA) 2x daily Nov. 17
Orlando (MCO) Daily Nov. 17
Philadelphia (PHL) Daily Nov. 17
Raleigh-Durham (RDU) Daily Nov. 17
San Pedro Sula (SAP) Daily Nov. 17
San José, C.R. (SJO) 4x per week Nov. 17
San Juan (SJU) Daily Nov. 17
St. Thomas (STT) 3x per week Nov. 17

I am really excited to see spirit start this expansion from a brand new airport for them and for them to grow as an airline from new places. This will also be competing with Americans giant hub there, along with a new service from jetBlue and Southwest airlines. Even though they may not have the same service quality, they definitely will provide the cheapest fares. Now, it’s up to them to see if they can get the word out to more Floridians, to get them to fly them from Miami. This will also be a big blow to frontier airlines, who already has a big base in Miami. I think this is a direct retaliation to frontier, as spirit is doing a lot of the routes that frontier already has in place. Still, I’m really excited to see this happened and the competition into Miami to be even more hardcore.

20 Likes

American: Why hello there

2 Likes

American Airlines is holding their Pina Colada, first true competition in Miami

2 Likes

Thats great! I think im going to fly with spirit my first time to tne US. Avianca and American are wayy too expensive

Spirit Airlines also began service at St. Louis on the 27th with 5 new routes!

My favorite!

1 Like

miami baby!

Not Bermuda, not interested

Why do they keep on making these dumb decisions stay in kfll thats where yo known and loved @ stop trying to go to miami smh

This is expansion, don’t see how this is dumb, besides, they are expanding in the South Florida region to provide more connections, which is a smart move.

2 Likes

Sw already screwed up going to miami and i said that would be the case, jetblue going to EGLL is not good and im pretty sure i’ll be right on that and spirit too stay in KFLL its a nice airport theres no need to go to kmia for what? Petty connections to where? nothing in this makes sense what these guys don’t realize is big hubs like these are they way they are for a reason thats like AA trying to takeover KATL which is NOT EVER GONNA HAPPEN but sadly the airlines in these recent covid times are acting real funny as of late XD

What’s your reasoning for that? You’re making very bold statements without any evidence to support your ideas, and for that reason, your point makes no sense. Not the first time that’s happened, though.

Might I add, if you used the same standpoint for other scenarios, Southwest wouldn’t be flying to LAX, SFO, IAH, ORD, DTW, MSP, CLT, PHX, ATL, SEA, HNL, DEN, SLC, and everything else I’m missing here. Your idea of secondary airports and airports with existing airline hubs isn’t practical.

8 Likes

Are you trying to tell me you know what is better for the airline then the actual people running it? You know, the people that have college degrees and plenty of experience in the industry? Just looking at their executive team, their CEO has 19 years of experience, their COO has 37 years of experience, and their Vice President of route planning has 38 years of experience.

5 Likes

Considering the prerequisites that all Southwest management have to be qualified for the position in the first place, as well as the extensive planning, discussion, and analysis that goes into each and every route, airport, and timing, you’d think they would know more than a bunch of teenagers on a flight simulator forum. Anyways, I rest my case (and my phone, good night).

Oh, and before we continue wandering off topic, we’re talking about Spirit, not Southwest, here.

5 Likes

Oh pls those are all known hubs sw has been flying in for years where talking about the covid era they already screwed up no ones flying there routes out of miami like that and it was a waste of time and an embarrassment but your right i won’t waste my time arguing something which should be a non debate good night my friend

2 Likes

Absolutely it doesn’t take a genius to realize spirit @ kmiami is a dumb idea and is not ideal but aye u u want to be the guy who things change is needed all the time then be my guest but KFLL is the perfect airport for spirit and its ALWAYS been like that and as u said for 15 to 20 yrs has been the case so my case as been proven time n time again but instead of taking in the real some folks want to argue a dead point :/

2 Likes

Are you actually still trying to argue your claim after both what me and @Thunderbolt said? At least provide some evidence to support your argument, not opinion, truthful and verifiable evidence

1 Like

And as i said 1million times it doesn’t take a genius to realize this numbers won’t help u in this “argument” matter fact this is a non debate but u still choose to defend there poor decision and this someone who likes spirit to an extent saying the truth.

2 Likes

I’ll wait…

1 Like

Ah, no evidence to back up your claim, awesome! Well, based on that I think I’ll call it a night as this debate is over as you can’t provide a single price of evidence to back it up!

3 Likes