Spirit Airlines Adds New City in 1 Route Expansion

Spirit Airlines Adds New City in 1 Route Expansion

Source
Spirit is know for… larger expansions to say the least. In general, when they make a new announcement of routes, there’s usually a lot to come with it. In this case, not so much. They will add one new route, from Orlando over to Ponce.

Now, I am no international super spy here, but it appears that this is a direct competition with jetBlue. Why do I think that, you may ask? Well, currently there is literally a single daily flight from the airport, on JetBlue to Orlando. So, that would lead me to believe that this is a direct competition to jetBlue‘s service. This will most likely, or should I say most definitely be the cheapest service from that city, so I wonder if they will beat out the former (usually pretty good priced, and definitely better airline), JetBlue.

Source

Flights will launch February 16.

13 Likes

Very interesting route choice. Spirit used to fly to Ponce from November 2007 to September 2008 to FLL. Seems like they are definitely competing with JetBlue on this.

It’s funny to see them now in both FLL and MIA. And already thinking of expanding in MIA, sheesh. Nice share !

who cares, spirit sucks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.