Sphinx’s ATC Tracking Thread [CLOSED] @ N/A [WRITTEN PASSED] [PRACTICAL EXAM PASSED]

Welcome!

This is my ATC Tracking Thread, I’ll open some airports around the world in order to practice to pass the practical exam, I’d really appreciate your feedback here or DM.

Airport: LFBO

Runways: 14R 14L

Frequencies: Ground and Tower

Request anything : Inbound, Transition and pattern work

Duration: - 1 Hour

3 Likes

Airport: LEBL
Runways: 25R 25L 20
Frequencies: Ground & Tower
Time opening: Now
Duration: 1 Hour

1 Like

Airport: KBOI
Runways: 28R 28L
Duration: 1 Hour

2 Likes

Feedback HB-ANT @KBOI

Ground

• Everything was good.

Tower

• Good takeoff clearance with traffic direction

• I requested a runway change. You made right by making me enter left downwind. But I would like to ask you a question : Do you think the sequence was optimal ?

• I am not a fan of the “turn base” command in that kind of situations, and I explain you why now. If I was at 6000/7000 ft, and you asked me to turn base, I wouldn’t have been able to descend in time. Furthermore, OO-ELH is a small aircraft. he was flying a lower altitude than I was, I would therefore have kept OO-ELH number 1, as he was flying ways lower and slower.

• Concerning the right downwind, be sure to check the terrain beforehand. On the right downwind, the MSA (Minimum safe altitude) is 7000ft, what means 2500ft above the basic pattern altitude. It could be hard for an heavy aircraft to descend in time if he’s flying a tight downwind.

I thank you for having me and wish you best of luck for your training and hope to see you soon joining the IFATC team !

Cheers ;)

Antoine

2 Likes

Thanks for the great service at KBOI.

Nothing to ad at this moment.

Cheers,
Stef (oo-lxv)

1 Like

Thank you for stopping by,

Here what i thought that because you are fast than OO-ELH C172 i gave you number 1 to land as he is slower and you not gonna follow him in your situation.

This my mistake i didn’t check the terrain before i opened and this good point for next time for me especially for people requesting pattern.

As i mentioned above i didn’t check the terrain around the airport.

I appreciate your coming and thank you again for the feedback.

Thank you for stopping by🙏🏼

1 Like

Airport: KSJC

Runways: 30R 30L

Duration: 40 minutes to 1 Hour

1 Like

Hi there, I was American 9818.

All very nicely done except after my go around where I think you should have kept me on runway 30R instead of assigning me to 30L which I was incorrectly approaching. With that, a new entry command would not have been necessary. If you would have wanted me to change runway, you should have given the go around with left traffic on 30R and then given the entry command for left downwind 30L. I ended up getting a bit confused with the instructions – sorry!

Looked very well though otherwise!

1 Like

Thank you for stopping by, and this is good point i was a bit confusing about what you doing, but I’m gonna work on it for next time.

2 Likes

Airport: KSSC

Runways: 4R 4L

Duration: 30 minutes to 1 Hour

1 Like

Airport: EGCC

Runways: 5R 5L

1 Like

Airport: KAUS

Runways: 35R 35L

2 Likes

I’ll come by shortly for some patterns.

1 Like

Your welcome

2 Likes

Hey, I was G-KYSW.

I’m genuinely impressed, everything was perfect! You even picked up on the runway exit without me announcing.

Do you have a trainer that has trained you? Or is this what you’ve done yourself?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for stopping by.
I watch all IFATC episodes on YouTube daily and also train myself and fly in the expert only.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! I love your Motivation for IFATC and the Expert Server. Hopefully, you will join us in the future! Good luck on your ATC Process. 🙂

1 Like

Thank you so much,
I hope soon to be part of this amazing team IFATC.

1 Like

Airport: KEUG

Runways: 16L 16R