Speed Warnings

Can anyone help me? This is odd…
Screenshots following from my descent in a 787-9 into Los Angeles.

2 Likes

Interesting… never seen this before! This is most likely a bug.

2 Likes

I am not really sure. Try checking the wind speeds while descending, as there is a chance the winds are pushing you quite fast.

I’ll check Windy.com soon.

1 Like

The wind was at 6knts

1 Like

The wind does nothing to your IAS.

2 Likes

But his Ground speed is still only 294 with the wind at only 6kts.

1 Like

That is interesting… Will keep that in mind!

Did the speed warning appear under the speed limit? If you could give me your flight conditions and information, I could try to reproduce this issue. You possibly may have gone over the limit at some point but never touched the speed warning to make it disappear. I’ve noticed that for some flights that I’ve done

1 Like

Did you happen to pick up any violations? If so, it would make that affective and not just a “pop up” bug. If not how long did that stay on your screen for? Did it go away?

1 Like

I got four violations! I walked away from my IPAD, so max 5 minutes

I didn’t touch it… was that all I had to do?

Hello @Grant_Monheiser! Is it possible for you to show us a replay of the overspeed warnings?

What it sounds like happened is that you were overspeeding previously to getting under the speed and that the alert just stayed on after (which is a known glitch at the moment). Could you upload your replay for us to see and we can verify?

1 Like

Thats the reason why. When you go over the limit and pick up vios, it does exactly what @infiniteflight_17 mentioned above. I believe that’s a known issue and should be fixed in the next update

1 Like

I imagine you got ghosted, and whilst you were AFK for a long time the warning doesn’t disappear.

I’ve had this before.

That wasnt the best photo at Mach 0.58 out of mach 0.60

I hope this is the solution to your problem…

Hint: don’t overspeed whilst AFK, and if you noticed, don’t go 34,000ft in a Dash 8 😂. I had my altitude set, but without realising accidentally turned it off…

1 Like

This is rare.🤔 Bug I guess? Did you contact the mod?

1 Like

The Hint, should be to not to leave your device unattended during crucial phases of the flight and always keep an eye on your speed, monitor it carefully as you ascend and descend, that way you can be sure to not overspeed and receive a violation.

1 Like

To be honest I didn’t think much of it, I was overspeed roughly for around 30 minutes after watching the replay. I went out from my room to get lunch, I had a Frankfurter. This was ages ago, on the 30th June, I’ve flown over 100 times after this

@Captain_JR I was at around 20,000ft when I left the flight, because my parents were complaining about me not being with them for their lunch 😂 I couldn’t easily take my device with me

2 Likes

We have seen this before where the warning will appear until you end the flight but you are not receiving violations (unless you are actually speeding)

It is more of an annoyance.

4 Likes

He was in a 787-9…
I don’t believe this is a bug with the aircrafts he most likely picked up a few violations like my screenshots for my Westjet Virtual flight earlier this year. (30th June)

1 Like