Speed Warning Sign on Infinite Flight

I think there should be a sign somewhere on IF to reiterate what Mark Denton’s slow down thread is saying. We do have pilots that are not on the forums and will not have read the topic. I think it would be a great idea. Last night in SoFlo I saw this before I reported him. A prime example of violations continuing to occur, obviously after the “Slow Down” thread was created.

5 Likes

No way! People must be able to be free on speeding above 10,000.

3 Likes

speed at your discretion?! Always on a hurry i see.

1 Like

Well you can’t, the new rules are for under 40,000ft and in the future I’m sure the violations will be given for this action in the new update

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more,

Advanced ATC are there to control our airspace, we don’t have the time to be looking round the region for planes speeding, it’s always going to happen but just as long as they are below 550gs when they get intouch with a frequency all is good.

The whole reason for the speed rules was just to make approach/centre jobs easier to manage.

2 Likes

Yes I agree I’m sure the next update will feature this I don’t think it will be hard to do

I personally don’t think it will, it was brought in rather last minute and as a last resort just to slow people down, it’s more of a rule to help controllers out than anything else.

Again I agree :)

It’s more annoying when your cruising at a reasonable speed and a Dash 8 smashes through you at 600kts.

2 Likes

Well not really. It’s just people having the power on 100% all the time. The dash could do that but the engines would explode.

@zbelle Let me just say, my intention is not to rat anyone out. The reason for this thread is to bring awareness to the fact that we do have people that are not on the forums and are not aware of the new rule. That being said, it would be beneficial to have something in IF to make them aware of the change.

Well it is temporary. So they may eventually add an automatic violation to enforce this rule officially. < My thoughts, not confirmed that I know of.

Looks like I’ll be flying at 41,000ft :)

Yes I am aware of that and understand what you’re saying as I am an advanced ATC myself. What I’m saying is that since it’s currently temporary, what is the perminant solution in the long run. I was just supposing that they add a violation much like the 250kts. under 10,000ft violation. I don’t recall the exact quote, but I think I remember seeing either Mark, Joe, or Tyler saying this about a possible system generated violation.