Speed warning at EGKK 26L

I get speed warning at EGKK 26L, not had this problem before. Now we have jumbo sized displaced threshold. Could someone look into it pls. (This means if someone doing late landing rollout over 35 will get ticket aswell)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You mean blast pads? ( sorry I don’t know much about airport editing)

Yes @Rotate you are correct. That is a stopway/blastpad which do not render in IF for now. If you check your map @GatwickGuy the part you are on would not be shown as a part of runway 26L.

1 Like

Someone gonna sort that out? @dush19

Someone should also get rid of 26R/08L

2 Likes

Why? 26R/08L for emergency backup and used on late night flights when 26R on maintenance. Maintenance mostly happen between 02:00-004:30. I know what you saying some ppl use it as primary runway. Gatwick officially single runway airport

2 Likes

Ik but I really like the idea of taxiing down it aswell. I wish more controllers did that but it really only works when Gatwick is busy, which is very rare.

1 Like

Yes gatwick use it as taxiway and there’s no ILS, only DME and RNAV.

1 Like

The satellite of the airport shows extended blast pads. Both runways should be sized according to the satellite image where the blast pads exist

@Kilt_McHaggis

ok, but taxiway shouldn’t lead into blasts pad right? And they should have been marked in yellow chevrons right? I think taxiing in blast pads prohibited. Any chance of removing those taxiways? But now I seen the satellite map… The blast pads are tiny most of it displaced threshold. Why does it give speed warning in displaced thrushold

2 Likes

Current status of airport editing: No blast pads to be numbered or have any markings per Philippe, sorry!

2 Likes

Kilt, why is there no 2D Jet ways?

1 Like

I got you, if you look at the pic, the blast pads are tiny. But in IF,you get speed warning until you reach landing threshold. Speed warning in displaced thrushold? That’s normal?(displaced threshold is the one with arrow, you can taxi, do take off run, and landing roll without speed restrictions)

1 Like

@Captain_DJ this is why :)

Airport design of blast pads is that the structure is not designed to take full impact of landing. Only used to get to and from the actual runway start. Should only be used for taxing ergo 35mph limit. No extraneous markings ( jetbridges, blast pads numbering or arrows). Reason given is that since the new aircraft rendering takes up much of the bandwidth of the software, there is not much room left for airport renderings! The concern from the developers is that too much extraneous markings on the ground will deplete the memory on lower end machines and cause software crashes. I cannot comment on this as I am not in the know. You would need to contact Matt or Philippe to better understand the failure mode and risk associated.

1 Like

Guys i would like to know, will we get speed warning in displaced thrushold? If yes it’s fine. But I don’t think you can execute immediate take off roll from first taxiway. It’s long long way from landing thrushold. And if someone rolling the aircrafts on landing to last taxiway unless he’s under 35, he will get ticket

But still is KPAE alright? It doesn’t have jetbridges, just markings.

No - You will not get warnings, they are considered as a part of the runway