Speed Violation

Yesterday I was on the expert server and I got a warning from going over 250 kts below 10,000 ft which I was and I was already slowing down from descent but when the warning popped up I started to pitch up a bit to lose speed and put power idle and spoilers flight and I did start slowing down and I was about 275 kts when it reported me for speed violation. Even though I was losing speed fast to slow down it still reported me. Should there be a system where it gives you a bit more time if the system senses your aircraft slowing down rapidly to avoid violations?

It’s pilot error.

It’s your responsibility to keep control of your speed, the system is already fair to keep the servers clean and under control.

7 Likes

Yes that is true.

A violation already gives you a warning, so I don’t feel there’s a need for this. Always make sure you’re under 250kts before going under 10,000ft is my advice. If you need to, level off at 11,000 or 12,000 until you slow down

1 Like

Cause yesterday there was a bit of a gust and tail wind and I did try to level off one point during the flight to slow down and the aircraft barley even slew down. Even when I was leveled, had throttle at idle, and flaps 2, with spoilers flight.

There is already a 20 second gap between the warning and when the violation happens.

Don’t worry it happens to the best of us and it will fall off soon.

4 Likes

I would recommend slowing down gradually, instead of doing it all at once. That way, by the time you get to about 13,000, you only have to slow down about 10kts

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from however I would recommend slowing down at around 11,000-12,000ft to ensure you do not get a violation. Believe me I know how frustrating it is (I’ve had my fair share of violations haha).

1 Like

@Aidan0629. MaxSez: Yo Ponyo there should be a system to Black Ball the Flat Hatting “Need for Speed” ham fisted Flyer who commits a rookie Pilot Error. You Gripe and Procedure Error is Noted in the IF Journal of ( pejoratives deleted)
G’day, Max

2 Likes

Pilot error so no

1 Like

They have the limit set to 260 so if you’re doing say, 255 you should be safe which means if you’re going fast enough to get a vio even with the buffer room that they give then it’s pilot error.

1 Like

IF assistant helped me get rid of all climbing speed violations! Otherwise, flying GAs helps as well… 😉

1 Like

That’s your fault, you should check your speed and you altitude, AGL and MSL, don’t worry it happens and it’s ok, the next time remember reduce speed while descent 😃

1 Like

Closed per OP request