Speed Up option?

Just vote. Continued from controversial debate on the Where’s Laura thread…[poll max=3 public=true]

• Yes! We need a speed up option
  • No way!
  • In Solo yes, but in live no
    [/poll]

I don’t support this if it was on live, just imagine having a peaceful flight and then a 747 passes right by you at Mach 1 when using the speed up option. In solo it could be implemented but very unrealistic because everyone would use it and for example in a 6 hour flight (London-JFK) they would just do it in like 2 hours.I think it would be better as a dev tool.

0.81-0.83 m is ok. We don’t need more.

This is a flight simulator. Not a time warping simulator. Not so sure what is difficult to understand about that.

2 Likes

Its already been said by Laura that there will be no time multiplier for consumer use. It aint coming.

So FSX is a time warping sim now?

Yes. It is. FSX was and will never be a great flight simulator. Look at the flight simulators used for training airline pilots. They don’t have time warping. Its not realistic. They sit in the sim for the 3-5 hours or however long the flight is in real life. End of story.

2 Likes

No they don’t… when training on new aircraft you only practice takeoff and landing. Do you really expect pilots to sit in sims for 14 hours at a time? In my opinion time warping should be allowed in solo and only solo

2 Likes

You realize he’s a commercial pilot, right? 😂

11 Likes