Speed restrictions

Let’s say I’m in an F-22, a military Aircraft, it ofcourse doesn’t have speed restrictions, but when flying in an active airspace, it’s better not to exceed 250kts until 10,000 ft. Am I correct?

Thats correct.

1 Like

Yup, kinda! You can exceed 250 knots but please make sure to fly at a reasonable speed. Something like 5000 knots is not going to cut it :)

1 Like

Also, look at this topic:

Yes, I was at Mach2.2 at 15000ft. When I got reported, got a level 2 vio for some reason :/ I’ve messaged appeals

1 Like

Lvl 2 violations are reports…whats confusing…

1 Like

Yes, I know😂 but I’m trying figure out why?

1 Like

You got reported most likely for inappropriate speed it should say in your logbook.

1 Like

Yes I know that, but military aircraft to my knowledge have no restrictions

2 Likes

Yes they do not - but around controlled airports you need to maintain a reasonable speed.

Continue via PM.

1 Like

I’m in agreement with you, and especially when not in a class bravo or Charlie airspace, the speed restriction for fighter jets should not be enforced. After all, there is lots of room up at FL15, and you are not likely to cause a problem if properly controlled, so I think the controller was just having a bad day.

2 Likes

yes, it isn’t realistic either

Contact the controller via PM for resolution.

Mach 2.2 over land in a controlled airspace at 15k feet is not acceptable. Those speeds are more for FL400+ and open water.

1 Like