Speed below 10,000

Anyone not go to 250kts but go to 255? or am I just weird like that?

3 Likes

Yup. You’re the only one 🤪

5 Likes

I- I do 240 below 10,000 :)

5 Likes

dang well you never stalled😂

It’s common to even do 220-230 if there’s lots of traffic. And, if ATC is present, usually 220 on downwind and no more than 200 on base is preferred

6 Likes

So do I, I think it’s much safer in case I forget the speedbrakes and my aircraft overspeeds because of my descent. I get more time to realize what’s going on and take action

2 Likes

Sike, well technically yes and no. I used to do it sometimes but I just stick to 250 now. So he isn’t the only one lol 😜

EDIT: For Climb btw. " A man is never alone because there is always an unknown person in the same possession as the Man" - Ali

3 Likes

I used to go 275 IAS below 10,000 on casual when I didn’t know that was a rule so technically you weren’t the only one

Same I do 240 aswell it’s good to have it there just in case if you get task saturated and you forget about your speed

3 Likes

I glide at 250 knots since there are no planes around where I fly. My gliding skills also transfer to real life.

Hmmmmm, guess 258 is weird then

jk I go 250

1 Like

I do the same thing lol 🥲

1 Like

Up to 259 nothing happens immediately, because it is normal that you get faster when you descend. (you should reduce your speed if you are faster than 250 anyway), there’s a little bit of a tolerence to slow down since you are not driving a car on the asphalt, it is not always possible to keep the exact speed in any aircraft, even in real life. But once you are over 250 just keep your eyes on the speed so you don’t overspeed, and reduce your speed to 250.

1 Like

Sometimes (such as Atlanta or Miami), 250 kts is required upon departure. So, stay at 250 after departure.

1 Like

I do that to lol

The limit for under 10K used to be 250 (I believe) which is why players who have been playing it for a long time (like me) usually go at 240.

Then they changed it to 260 so newer players got used to going 250+

When I was younger I used to go 258knts😂

LOL SAME. Good days

1 Like

I used to try and fly as fast as possible.

That did include landing at 200-odd knots, because I didn’t know what the flaps did

1 Like

lol i do that too cause it only gives you a violation above 260

1 Like