Special category under Live for Olympics?

Last year made me thought of this but should we have a special category under LIVE for Olympics? Last year it seemed to clog the live section so I was curious.

Just a thought?

15 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessary. So far, it has seemed very contained to a few threads only. I don’t see the need for an entire category; especially since it is once a year for such a short time.

3 Likes

I know now its not but during the peak there seemed to be a lot. Or it was just me thinking it was alot. It was just a thought.

2 Likes

I just remember a lot of recruiting, practicing, etc threads.

1 Like

My thoughts:

Is there too many threads? Not really, but for someone who’s not interested there’s no easy way to mute them. The risk comes with the possibility that there will be a huge influx of ‘me-tooers’, and a bunch of useless/duplicate topics appearing- once a new category shows up everybody wants a bite of it- remember the VA category.

On that reason, I’d say it would create bigger problems than it solves.

1 Like

Lol. I know where this is coming from.

I don’t see it happening though. Sorry buddy :*

6 Likes

YES PLEASE! I personally would love to be able to avoid them, a little like some does with VAs. It’s gonna clog up the forum otherwise.

3 Likes

Why don’t you just allow them in the #live category but a specific format must be at the beginning of the title
Ex: IFO // shdjcb skdbjdks akakwhej akakd

2 Likes

Maybe something like # Live:Olympics I don’t know but maybe. But don’t we already have enough threads?

1 Like

That is exactly what he is proposing…

2 Likes

Well, events happen twice a week (Wednesday and Saturday). If I release on Monday and Wednesdays the old event can be unlisted and closed as soon as the new one is out and one topic containing all results can be put together which can remain in #live:events. That way there will only ever be two posts up at a time

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.