Spawning/Parking at the Correct Terminals

Let’s face it. Seeing an Indigo A320 parked in the Cargo parking at KSAN is not really something you would see in real life. But I wouldn’t blame that Indigo for being there. He just picked a parking spot, not knowing where the realistic parking spot would be for that specific livery (not that an Indigo A320 belongs at KSAN anyways, but that’s beside the point).
I’m sure a lot of us do it. Decide, “Hey, I’ll go for a flight in SoCal!” We just pick any random parking spot that is there to pick from, not knowing what airlines park at which terminals. Same with landing. You probably just taxi to the closest parking spot you see.
Ever thought that it would add some more realism to your flight if you actually parked/spawned at the terminal that each airline would park at in real life? You know, park your Singapore Airlines A380 at Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX instead of parking it at Southwest’s parking in Terminal 1.

It’s really not that hard, and I’m going to show you how you can do this to add realism to all of your flights.

Since everyone playing Infinite Flight with a mobile device, go ahead and download the very helpful app “IFly - Airport Guide.” There is a pro version and a free version, but the free version is all you need for this. Go ahead, do it! Don’t worry, it only takes up 30MB of space, so your storage space shouldn’t be an issue. This post will wait for you and won’t move until you come back with the app downloaded. :)

Once you have the app downloaded, you will be brought to a screen something like this:

Once here, select “Airport Guide” and search the airport you plan on spawning at or landing at. I’ll use Chicago O’Hare as an example.

Once you have selected the airport you want, you will be brought to a screen looking like this:

This app is not only good for terminal maps, it provide things such as airport information, restaurants within the airport, etc. Some of these options are available through in-app purchases.
Continuing farther, select the “Airlines” option, and you will be brought up to a list of all the airlines that operate at operate there, and what terminal each airline belongs to at that airport:

So let’s say that I was in an Aeromexico jet. I can see here that Aeromexico Airlines parks at Terminal 5.
So now, I can go back to the previous page and select “Maps and Amenities.” This option will bring me to a map of Chicago O’Hare Airport, highlighting and labeling each terminal.

Now that I look at this I know what terminal to spawn at if I were spawning at O’Hare, or what terminal to taxi to if I landed at O’Hare. I can use the runways on this map as reference points to know that I am taxiing to the correct terminal.

I hope that this was helpful and understandable, and I hope that it adds a little more realism to your flights on Infinite Flight!

Happy Landings!

34 Likes

I just use flight aware

7 Likes

Or @Kilt_McHaggis’s schematics.

9 Likes

The basic idea is to have people park at the correct terminals. :)

2 Likes

This tutorial does help bring a sense of realism to the game, nice job.

2 Likes

There will soon be a feature in LiveFlight to see charts like this for quick access.

18 Likes

So come on Cameron. Get to it lol, we can’t wait any longer

3 Likes

Just downloaded the app and really like it. Good find and I will
be using this to add a little more realism to my flights.

1 Like

Cool stuff, thanks a lot

1 Like

Great idea but it is normally grounds job to assign gates so since you can’t 🖐🏻😬🖐🏻

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Awesome, Cam! Can’t wait for it!

1 Like

Thanks guys! The general idea it to add realism by parking in the correct areas. Doesn’t matter what app you use! :)

2 Likes

You move onto one that does support your airline

That is part of the point, so people don’t fly an IndiGo A320 to KSAN. ;)

3 Likes

It’s up tp you to determine how realistic you want to be, if you want to land an A380 at KSAN, go ahead.

2 Likes

People can fly however and wherever they want, this is just for when people want to have the most realism possible. I can’t tell you that you can’t take your IndiGo A320 to KSAN.

2 Likes