Spawn To Takeoff - Departing The Airspace

Hey everyone!

Here is this week’s tutorial where I explain the procedures from the time you spawn, to requesting takeoff, and the different types of takeoff clearances that the Tower Controller may issue.

I know that most of you may already know and follow proper procedures, but we also have to understand that there are a lot of newer members that are still learning. This is a great tutorial that explains the procedures to our newer members and a great refresher for our veterans.

Feel free to ask any questions or leave any comments below!

Happy and Safe Landings!

37 Likes

@Dovid_Bakkar This would be very useful for you! :)

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hmm perhaps included in the new ATC commands thing like how they talked about “Wilco” and so on?

1 Like

Looks like another new ATC command! This will be so useful!

5 Likes

Another great tutorial! That should clear up some confusion.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Love that new command!

1 Like

That’s a great ATC addition.

Hey Mark. When you fly a straight-out departure, how long do you need to fly until you can turn?

1 Like

Usually depends on the airport I’m departing @Henrik but usually around 1000 ft AGL. If on a parallel runway like at SFO, before turning, you want to make sure there is no conflict with aircraft that may have taken off on 28R. Maintain +/- 500 ft from other aircraft while under VFR.

2 Likes

Thanks Mark. My Dad really needs help on flying. He always speeds or comes in to high for landing. I’m sending him the whole playlist of these great tutorials.

4 Likes

Thanks Riley. Glad they are helpful.

4 Likes

Halaluluah someone explains to people what remaining in the pattern means. Is this ghost able now 😂 I kid I kid (sarcastically)

1 Like

Great job @Mark_Denton! 👍🏼
Thank you for yet another great tutorial!!
I hope lots of people out there will watch it, that’ll make controlling much more comfortable, if everybody knows how to do it properly! 😎

Joe the guy who controlled? I always see him taxiing on grass and being nimrod in Advanced server, Hallaluya

😂😂😂 @Joe got burned

3 Likes

Buddy, Joe is one of the heads of IFATC he can do what he wants. Callin him a nimrod isn’t such a good idea 😐

It’s just salamander; his opinion doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Didn’t he cross 1L, then 1R?