Spams on ATC

Hello, I was wondering what to do when an ATC spams you, is there anything you can do about it, or no?

Update: Issue has been resolved

1 Like

If it was the training server, unfortunately, no. Anyone can control on the training server, so sometimes you will come across controllers that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. The best way to get proper ATC service is to get to the expert server, all ATC facilities are controlled by IFATC, qualified controllers that know what they are doing

2 Likes

I do not recommend this in expert servers or populated airports in training because I hate it as a controller but you could tune out of the frequency. Also welcome to the community :).

I guess it was on the training server and unfortunately there is nothing what you can do … or report to someone .

In cases like this … turn down your ATC volume and go with the traffic flow

Which server did you experience this on?

Thanks for the welcome :) I’m new to IFC as I learned about it recently, but I have been on Infinite Flight for a while. Also thanks for the response, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

I’ve experienced this on Expert

1 Like

I would recommend messaging the ATC who was controlling the frequency. I haven’t experienced anything like that on the expert server because you need to be part of IFATC and go through the process. Happy Thanksgiving I guess I am from Australia. Also be spamming what do you mean and what specific messages were being spammed?

1 Like

Was it spamming or simple commands for you to follow for their flow? A replay would be able to determine that or as others have mentioned, contact the controller via PM (if you can) and discuss the situation.

1 Like

as the above reply mentioned, it could be commands to follow their path they wanted traffic to follow (which isn’t necessarily a straight line, so they may drop a few commands to adjust your course to follow)

if it’s turn heading xxx then a little bit later turn heading yyy then a bit later it’s turn heading zzz, they’re probably moving you around to follow the path they want. You can really tell they’re doing it if other aircraft are out there and you can kinda see a line forming

1 Like

What happened with me is that they said I was cleared to land about 10 times in 20 seconds even though I responded to the clearance to land.

2 Likes

Being told a specific command 5-10 times in about 20 seconds despite me responding. I will try private messaging the controller about it

1 Like

Well that is very, very unusual are you sure you were on the expert server because that seems very out of place

Thanks! I will try messaging them about this incident.

Are you sure it was on the expert server though?

Yes. I just contacted them and they replied. They responded and apologized so everything should be good for now.

1 Like

Alright that is good.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the help. I reached out to him so everything should be all good for now. Thanks and have a wonderful thanksgiving!

2 Likes

You too have a good day

1 Like