Spacing Bubble - mini map

I’ve read quite a few posts on runway incursions and other aircraft getting too close for comfort, either while taxing or on short final. I thought it would be a good idea to have a little circle around your plane on the mini-map (kind of like a TFR) that would show you if you are too close to the other aircraft.

If another aircraft is inside your zone that means you are too close and need to make more space. I could see a warning message being coded into this, as well as the potential for a violation for flying too close to an aircraft for a certain period of time. Yes, this could impact formation flying, but maybe the “flight of x” callsign could disable the zone for another aircraft sharing your callsign.

I could see this being a good way to combat sequencing issues, and it would definitely bring more pilot awareness. I’d also suggest it be something you can toggle on and off on your screen, since not everyone has spacing issues ;)

2 Likes

This already is in the game. Your aircraft and others change colors based on distance.

4 Likes

Seems pretty similar to what we already have as @Pilot8 has said however i see where you can develop yours but still I think it’s far to similar

4 Likes

I like the idea. Yes, the orange and red colours already exist, but it’s not that simple to judge the distances when the map can be zoomed in or out so drastically. Users may think they are ok with spacing, then suddenly the two aircraft are orange. The ‘bubble’ could help users anticipate conflicting traffic better. It would help users get a bit of a better sense of spacing, and keeping good separation minima.

1 Like

This is in the air he is requesting is something similar for when on the ground

1 Like