SpaceX Falcon Heavy Launch

Space X’s Falcon Heavy rocket is launching this afternoon at 15:45 EST. This will be the biggest rocket to launch since the Saturn V rockets that brought humans to the moon. It will have the equivalent thrust of 18 Boeing 747s!

This rocket is also taking up some special payload. The rocket will be carrying Elon Musk’s personal Tesla Roadster with a SpaceX “spaceman” suit behind the wheel!

The feed will be going up 20min to launch. You probably don’t want to miss this!

Animation of the mission:

32 Likes

How is this related to aviation?

No just kidding, hope it won’t be delayed again…

4 Likes

So excited, should be a good watch!

4 Likes

The feed has started!

3 Likes

Apparently the suit is being tested in the vaccum and chances are that we’ll have a view from the car.

3 Likes

Wanted to be an Astronaut before pilot. Looking forward to this launch.

3 Likes

I love SpaceX’s ability to multitask. Testing new rockets, systems, and suits all at once!

6 Likes

You ca be a pilot before an Astronaut

as Thomas Pesquet did

2 Likes

That’s basically describing all of the Mercury-Gemini-Apollo astronauts. Pretty much all of them were test pilots from the beginning :)

10 Likes

Thank goodness it was pushed to the end of the window, I was writing an exam. Now I can watch in peace.

2 Likes

The live started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSwFU6tY1c

1 Like

The energy in SpaceX’s headquarters is incredible, this is something you don’t want to miss.

3 Likes

From delays starting 5 years ago, it’s taken just two more delays and it’s finally launching!

1 Like

Well, things are real now

1.5million views, have never seen it this busy but never been this busy since interest in space died in the 90’s

Actually 2million were watching the launch at 2.3 million watched the landing

3 Likes

20 Seconds To Launch!!

2 Likes

tap space to release

4 Likes

YESS!!! IT LAUNCHED! Look at it go

3 Likes

What an absolute beauty.

3 Likes

This is amazing seeing it launch live!

2 Likes